Thread: Cannot hear Sound from Samsung LED TV UA32D5000PM when connected to PS3

Cannot hear Sound from Samsung LED TV UA32D5000PM when connected to PS3

Hello guys, I having a small problem with my Samsung LED TV. I have recently purchased the Samsung LED TV UA32D5000PM and I have connected it to my Play Station 3 (PS3). The sound goes automatically when I load the game on the PS3. The sound works fine when the sound setting is at XcrossMediaBar (XMB). But the time when I load the game the sound does not come. The audio input is via the HDMI and I have also tried every setting on the PS3. Only the Linear pulse-code modulation (PCM) 5.1 and 7.1 44.1 kHz, 48.1 kHz which seems to produce certain sounds effect, but I can’t hear sound nor voice form the PS3 XMB. So please help me with this problem.

Re: Cannot hear Sound from Samsung LED TV UA32D5000PM when connected to PS3

I have come across such problem and also I have also not heard the problem of not getting the sound when you connect PS3. I am also not sure of your problem; I want to ask you that did you try to change the name of the input. Do one thing when the game is running and the source set it to the game console’s input. Just try one step which might help by changing the input name: go to the menu option, then in the menu option go to the Input option. In the Input you will be able to see the Edit Input name, when you select the Edit Input Name then click the scroll and enter together. Try this it might work for you.

When you were connecting your PS3 with your TV does this problem occur or not? I think it might be the reason the board of the LED TV is not supporting the sound of the PS3. You better check it out from some person, who might be using the PS3 with the same level LED TV. If those people are also getting the problem then it might be reason the PS3 is not be supported. If not then there might some mistake in the TV which is not supporting the sound at that particular time of playing or during the loading of the game in PS3.

I think PS3 is been supportive all new type of TV, such that LED TV or LCD TV. I think the board so might the some driver of the TV is not been properly installed when connect the PS3. Do one thing call the Samsung Service Center and tell that you are having problem with the sound of the TV, let them send the person at home to check your TV. When the engineer come to check tell him the exact what is happening with you TV when connected with PS3. Then the engineer might be know the reason and it might help you can solve the problem easily. As they what is there product made of.

The same problem has been occurring with my friend, the only difference with this problem is that its TV was old enough and PS3 was new. Whenever he tries to play on that TV it sound goes while playing the game, then he call up the TV service center, they have send an engineer who came and has fixed the problem. The engineers have installed something new in the TV which is giving no more problems related to the sound. I think there might be some lose connection or some error in the TV which is not let you to hear the sound during the game.

Thank you friends, I was having problem the TV itself, as there was something lose inside the TV. I have called the service center, first they were not agreeing to come and see it. They keep on saying that there is no problem in the TV it might be problem in PS3. I had a very long argument with the service center people. They have to send a engineer to see the problem as they could not raise or support their TV after I had raised voice on the phone. The engineer came and fixed the problem and it also run one game and played and checked whether the problem is still coming or not, but the problem was not coming and now I am enjoying my game. Thanks to all.