Thread: How to Force 5.1 audio to TV using HDMI

How to Force 5.1 audio to TV using HDMI

While you connect an HDMI cable from whichever up to date GeForce card toward a latest TV set, the Nvidia drivers notice that the TV merely supports stereo even though the TV is connected to an outer 5.1 surround sound system. Hence, it turns out to be impracticable to move 5.1 audio from the video card all the way through to the television by the use of HDMI, and you finish up being paid stuck through stereo. I've made wide-ranging gazing on top of this matter and it appears public have simply set up achievement by the use of INF as well as registry file hacking.

Re: How to Force 5.1 audio to TV using HDMI

In my case if I connect my Xbox 360 into the TV or HDMI 5.1 with the HDMI cable on the basis of equipment that you use has HDMI inputs and outputs all from there a cable that goes to the Xbox and cable TV goes from 5.1 for this and 'the setting screen. For the audio you must use the cable because the original Microsoft' and 'done in a strange way to use an optical digital cable I think. I think you should use both HDMI and component cables is because 'the component cable output optics, then mounts after you've connected all the 5.1 set on DVD so that you have the digital audio component cable and use DVR, HDMI for the video you should have in the menu 'of 5.1 gives the accused the manual settings and have made the various signals.

Does your 5.1 recipient encompass HDMI support? Characteristically public plug gears similar to computers, Blue-Ray players, and so on. Into the receiver by the use of HDMI and afterward the receiver to TV via HDMI. Certainly if you encompass elder receiver devoid of HDMI, otherwise every one of your HDMI inputs are in employ, this would not function. I have elder receiver devoid of HDMI thus I had to avoid it and plug my computer straightforwardly into TV's HDMI port.

I got this working. For this you should purchase Toslink DVI + SPDIF / HDMI SPDIF To coxa / coxa Converter. Simply connect a DVI or VGA video output (DVI converter) + optical output of your M / B (on-board this year in 90% of the M / B) and you're done and 30 days of waiting around and HDMI you have solved the problem! It ensures perfect functioning: my preamp I recognize the DD or DTS signal, depending on the source, and the sound is totally different.

HDMI Licensing announced how the HDMI 1.4 specification looks like. The new version of the standard audiovisual cabling offers the consumer a choice of five different HDMI cables for connecting devices. The HDMI 1.4 specification is an additional data channel for Ethernet added. The HDMI Ethernet channel is thus IP services with a bandwidth of 100Mbps possible. Earlier it was already clear that this is new cables and that only the expensive cables supporting the speed limit. HDMI devices will no longer by adding an ethernet cable to be connected to a network. There is a Return Channel Audio added, so the audio signal that the TV tuner receives an HDTV to easily be looped through a separate receiver.

Your TV does not output 5.1 but 2.0. May be that it is an institution, I rather think that your TV is not supported (read the manual carefully it should say what he can control the optical out). You’re better off with HDMI to your TV set, and then play through your optical to 'amp' go. (I assume this is to set it in xbmc, [mc windows can do it])

From what I understand HDMI cables connecting 2 switches in that you can bring 2 video signals on the TV without disconnecting the cables, but since the HDMI carries the audio signal (5.1 included) with a single optical cable can handle the my system 5.1. I followed the thread but do not have a 5.1 system. But in order to remove the whim to check it technically I'd recommend putting the output signal from the card into analyzer professional HDMI protocol parameters and compare the specifications of the standard 5.1 or 7.1.