Thread: I need help to setup 1366x768 resolution on dell mini 1012

I need help to setup 1366x768 resolution on dell mini 1012

Hello friends, I am using the Dell Inspiron Mini 1012 which is running on the Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick Meerkat). I have installed the wireless and other in the systems which are working fine. But I am not able to increase the resolution to 1366x768, as I have only option to increase till 1024x600 only. The monitor is been designed to run on 1366x768 High Definition (HD) and I have the graphics chip of Intel GMA 3150. It should work fine and great with the graphics driver. The terminal window background is semi-transparent also. So you people have any idea or suggestions which can help me.

Re: I need help to setup 1366x768 resolution on dell mini 1012

I think it might be due to have installed the wrong driver or might there might be a conflict with the software which is making the setting incorrect to work, so that you are not able to get the HD resolution on to your Dell MINI 1012 screen. The HD screens about you are saying is not the optional one. Is the screen the standard or not. You can fix your standard screen by paying some extra cash and you get the best HD screen also. You better just check out with the screen HD or not. It may differ in the option when you have bought it. I am hoping it might work after that.

You are sure about the screen resolution of your Dell Mini 1012. I do not think that such problem when company gives you the Notebook. Try to Run the XRANDR in the terminal background. The resolution which is having the “+” next to it should be the screen native resolution. Just try to work in this way you might get the solution for your screen. Well I do not think the screen resolution is the main, it is the driver which you have installed might be the reason which make the resolution on a lower level and it is not getting to the high resolution. But try my suggestion it might work then it is good for you.

You just call up the service center of the Dell and ask them that you are getting such a problem and you want the HD resolution 1366x768. I think calling at the service center would be the best idea and great suggestion and it will help your resolution to get it back to the HD. I have read your problem and also searched on the internet but I am not getting the exact reason why the resolution of your screen cannot go to the HD resolution as it has the facility to go to that resolution. So I advice to call up in the service center, they can better tell where would be the problem and also tell which new drivers you have installed after bring the Dell Mini 1012.

As the above user just told you to call up, I think it is the best way and safer way also to get your problem solved and it might cost you little. If you do not want to cost you, so I suggest you to reboot your dell mini 1012. After rebooting if it is showing the same problem then it might some problem with the device so then you have give in the service center to get repair otherwise it might be the reason that some driver you have install is the reason that making the your resolution to lower version (not making it to the higher version.)