Thread: What resolution will be supported by the Nvidia GeForce 6150SE

What resolution will be supported by the Nvidia GeForce 6150SE

I have question regarding the resolution of the screen. I have the eMachines EL1352G Desktop which has the inbuilt graphics card 6150SE. the pc is actually normal one and I am actually not using it for gaming also. Only I want to watch the videos at the resolution of the 1080p. So can this will be possible with the machine.
    System specifications:
    • Processor: AMD Sempron 145 Processor
    • Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    • Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE Chipset
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE Integrated Graphics
    • Ram: 2048MB DDR3 Dual-Channel memory

Re: What resolution will be supported by the Nvidia GeForce 6150SE

The 6150 chipset is older one and it doesn’t support the hardware acceleration so the higher resolution to get while watching is not confirmed. I don’t think that the 1080p resolution of the video will be supported by the graphics. Actually the video files .mkv will be used for the 1080p resolution video files. They are using h264 encoder. And this encoder needs some graphics acceleration in your case the entire pressure to the processor which is Sempron in your case so it’s not working perfectly.

I have the pc with the chipset 6150SE on North Bridge. This actually handles the graphics of the system. I agree that the system will unable to handle the 1080p resolution since it doesn’t have the feature of hardware acceleration with it. Still I have tried to run the 1080p .mkv and when I run the file it runs with the 1080p resolution but the quality of the video is not so good as well as the performance is not good. You can try to run it you will doesn’t like it.

As far as I know the 6150SE chipset is really old one and doesn’t support the HD playback. Still you can try your luck with the latest drivers. So try to install the latest graphics drivers for the chipset. Remove the older one before doing this. Install the drivers and check if it is working or not. Try to run the video of 1080p resolution. Since drivers gets updated you will get slight improve in the performance and in the quality.

I agreed that the HD quality video will not able to run on this chipset. I am also having eMachines EL1352G. I have done some tricky changes in the drivers you can also give a try to do this. But before doing anything take the backup of the system first. If some changes cause some problem then you can restore it to default. So nvidia driver have xorg.conf. go to this file it will be in the etc/ X11/xorg.conf now change the video parameter of dot clock to from 148.5Mhz to 147.5Mhz. It will solve your problem.

I have the pc which is using 6150 chipset. I can sure that it will handle the 1080p videos. I Have watched the HD quality videos over this chipset yes some performance be slightly bad. But as per my knowledge I will say that the 1080p video requires really less memory to store the 1920x1080 resolution videos. It takes around 8 mb of display memory to store it. You can view the application at this resolution . but if you try to run the game at this then this will cause the problem. The game can’t run that much faster. It s same for the HD quality video also.

6150 chipset is really old one and as everyone said it doesn’t an HD ready. It doesn’t support any high quality video playback on it. So 1080p video will be not possible to run on this chipset. So don’t try to run those videos over it. it will give you bad video performance while playing the videos with bad quality also. So if you want to play the videos so I will suggest you to purchase the mainstream graphics card which has HD ready.