Thread: Error "To complete NetTV sign-in, please switch your TV set off and on again"

Error "To complete NetTV sign-in, please switch your TV set off and on again"

Whenever I start my NetTV then it shows me one error message that says “To complete NetTV sign-in, please switch your TV set off and on again". I tried with switching off the TV and again turned it on as indicated by the error message but all the times it shows me the same thing. This is very weird and I want to resolve this soon. I have never seen such problem earlier and so have no idea that how this can be solved. If you have some suggestion about this then please post it.

Re: Error "To complete NetTV sign-in, please switch your TV set off and on again"

I would like to tell you that whenever you have some communication error from the TV to the Net TV portal then you may get the issues messages like you have mentioned. Normally when you turn off the TV and on it again then it solves the problem. But In your case if that is not working then just switch off the TV and then remove the power connection from that. After some time connect that again and see if you are getting that message again?

Re: Error "To complete NetTV sign-in, please switch your TV set off and on again"

You can try with the above solution and if that helps then its fine otherwise you can report the Ethernet MAC address to nettv.support@philips.com. ?If you want to get the MAC address then jus place the TV on a normal TV channel and then press "123654" from the remote control. It will show you CSM1. Keep pressing down button until you get CSM3 and you will get the Ethernet MAC address there. If they have your MAC address then they will be able to verify your data and resolve the problem.

You may find the above method to get the Ethernet MAC address a bit weird and so I thought that it will be good to post some more user friendly method to get the MAC address. Below is the steps to do that.
    1. First of all, go to home.
    2. Choose the Setup.
    3. Now open the Network settings.
    4. Choose IP configuration.
    5. Now you can choose Ethernet MAC address.

My suggestion to you is to verify with the connections first and see if that is the reason for this problem? Verify that if the all the connections are made properly or not. It is possible that you are getting fewer signals and because of that you are getting that message. You can also contact the internet provider and see if the problem is with the internet connection or not. So these are some of the things that you can do to get it solved.

You will require resetting the settings. I think that some of the settings for this is disvalues and that is causing that error message to pop up. So just open the settings and from there reset those settings to the default. When you do that then it will set all the settings to default and I don’t think that you will get that problem again once you are done with this.

I came across this thread as I has this problem today.

This is my solution:

Go to Settings and CLEAR NET TV CACHE.

You will be asked to register again. Problem solved. Nagging error message stopped.