Thread: Can three monitors connect to GeForce GTS 450 at a same time?

Can three monitors connect to GeForce GTS 450 at a same time?

Recently I upgraded my graphics with GeForce GTS 450. It has three slots for to connect external monitors first two slots are DVI ports and last port is HDMI port. I want to connect three monitors at a time with this graphics card. However, I am not sure that this graphics card is supportable for three external monitors at time. So friend can you help me out in this problem. I want to know can I connect three external monitor at a time with this graphics card.

Re: Can three monitors connect to GeForce GTS 450 at a same time?

I am not 100% sure that you can use three external monitors at a time. For this problem, I searched on internet and did not get the perfect answer but rare people are saying that you can use three monitors at a time. This graphics card has highest resolution of 2560x1600 and highest resolution of VGA is 2048 x 1536 resolutions. So you can connect three external monitors but at 1920x1080 resolutions each.

This graphics card provided three slots to connect external monitors. A first and second slot in this graphics card comes with two DVI ports and one HDMI port. This motherboard is capable to connect three external monitors at a time. If you want you can connect two monitors at a time these two monitors can be connect through two DVI ports or one DVI port and one HDMI port. Due to low resolution provided by this graphics card can able to connect only two external monitors.

The slots, which this graphics card is providing, are for different-different monitors. Means through HDMI slots you can connect to LCD, through DVI slots can connect to old monitor’s configuration. If you try to connect three monitor at a time then it may be hazardous for graphics card, because it doesn’t have capability to support three monitors and you are forcing to connect three monitors so it will try to support all three monitor but due to not capability of supporting three monitor it will damaged.

Sorry you cannot connect three external monitors at same time. You can connect two monitors at any combination. Still you want to connect three monitor then through external multi monitor adapters you can connect three monitor at a time. An external multi monitor adapter is a hardware device, which has more than 2 slots to connect external monitors. This adapter plays an important role it doubles the resolution of graphics card and supply equivalent resolution to external monitor so that graphics card does not get any affect due to three external monitors.

In market there are two adapters are available one adapter is for to connect two monitors at a time and second one is to connect three monitors at a time. Dualhead2Go adapter is for to connect two external monitors and TripleHead2Go adapter is for to connect three external monitor at a time. These adapters are applicable in laptop as well as computer. In both of these adapters, you need TripleHead2Go adapter. This adapter maximum resolution is 5760x1080 which divides into 3 x 1920x1080 resolution. So each external monitors works on 1920x1080 resolution.