Thread: Need information about Ambient Occlusion in NVIDIA Control Panel

Need information about Ambient Occlusion in NVIDIA Control Panel

I need some information about Ambient Occlusion option in NVIDIA Control Panel. Normally when you install the NVIDIA Control Panel in your computer at that time you can see that Ambient Occlusion is disabled by default. Nowadays most of games comes with the options in graphic setting for the Ambient Occlusion and main question is that if you leave the Ambient Occlusion option disabled in your NVIDIA Control Panel and start the game and after that if you turn on the Ambient Occlusion option from game at that time cane we see the occlusion in game?

Re: Need information about Ambient Occlusion in NVIDIA Control Panel

As far as I know whenever you Ambient Occlusion give you different experience and different feel of the game and if you have good graphic card in your computer then I recommend you to turn it on and then play the game for best experience. As far as nVidia users whenever you to turn on the Ambient Occlusion from the game directly at that time it get turned on in the NVIDIA Control Panel automatically and you will see the occlusion in game.

I am also user of the Nvidia graphic card and I would like to suggest you that whenever you play any game with Ambient Occlusion option at that time first enable it from your NVIDIA Control Panel and after that you have to start the game and then turn it from there also. I am telling you because turning on the Ambient Occlusion option directly from the game can result in the game crashes. I hope this information would be useful for you.

Thank you for giving me all the information. After reading your post I have turn on the Ambient Occlusion option from NVIDIA control panel and then I start the Shogun 2 game in my computer and after that I have enabled Ambient Occlusion option from the game menu also. Now after turning on the Ambient Occlusion option my game freezes for some second s and after that it start working normally. Now please tell me what should I do?

You are facing this problem with Shogun 2 game only or same problem is coming with other game also. if you have another game installed with the Ambient Occlusion option then start that game and see what happens after that if you get the same problem after that also then I think possibly drivers is causing the issue. you have to also check that by changing the game resolution you are facing the same problem or not.

If you are facing the same problem after changing the resolution and this problem is coming with all the games also then I think you should try to solve this issue by reinstalling the drivers in your computer and after reinstalling the drivers you have to check whether you are facing the game freezing issue or not. I think after reinstalling the graphic drivers your problem will get solved.

After going through your above reply first I have tried to solve this issue by removing the graphic card drivers from my computer and after that installing it again in my computer but after doing that also I was getting the sae issue in my computer. Now after that I have tried to solve this issue by downloading the updated drivers from the official site of the nvidia and after downloading that I installed it in my computer and after that all the things worked fine.