Thread: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti does not work after installing

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti does not work after installing

I have bought NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti graphic card and after that I have connect it with my computer. Now after connecting the graphic card with my computer when I try to install the drivers in my computer at that time computer is giving me the error that please install the VGA card. Is there anything wrong with my computer or my graphic card is defective?

Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti does not work after installing

The error message you are getting is like it is trying to say that your system is not detecting your graphic card properly and I think you should first disconnect the graphic card from your computer and after that connect it again. I don’t know about which mother board you have but if you have extra slot on your motherboard for your graphic card then connect it on that slot and after that see what happens.

Yes I also agree with the above reply because in my computer my graphic card was also behaving the same and after that I thought that it might be some hardware issue so I visited repair shop and there I came to know that one my PCI-E was faulty and because of that problem was occurred and by connecting the graphic card with other slot has resolved the issue. I think you should also try this solution.

Well I would like to suggest you that try to use your graphic card after updating the BIOS in your computer. In some cases if we use any new hardware at that time BIOS needs to be updated so that it can detects all new hardware’s properly. First visit the official website of your motherboard and from there download the BIOS update file in your computer and after that update the BIOS and then see whether problem get solved or not. Hopefully this trick will resolve the issue.

After reading all the above replies which is mentioned above I have first tried my graphic card with the different slot but after that when I start the computer at that time also I get the same problem. Now after that I have also tried to solve this issue by doing the BIOS update in my computer but it doesn’t make any difference and problem is still coming. Is there anything wrong with my graphic card or my motherboard?

It is possibly graphic card issue to confirm this you have to try any other graphic card with your computer and after that check whether it gets detected properly or not? if your computer detected other graphic cared properly in your computer then I think you need to rerun your graphic card to the retailer from where you have bight this and ask for the solution but if your graphic card work fine with other machines then it might be your other hardware causing this issue.

Changing the power supply unit has done the trick and now my computer works fine with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti graphic card. After trying different solution I was getting the same problem continuously and after that my friend told me that power supply unit can also cause this kind of issue and after that I have tried different power supply unit and at that time I didn’t get any issue so I replaced me Power supply unit. Now all the things are working properly.