Thread: how to use dual display with Nvidia Geforce Gtx 550 Ti

how to use dual display with Nvidia Geforce Gtx 550 Ti

I have purchased Nvidia Geforce Gtx 550 Ti graphics card few days back. I want to actually use multiple monitors using this card. I have seen that in the back connectors it has multiple DVI connectors and one hdmi port. As what I see we can connect multiple monitors to it. Since I have heard that many of the people using this graphics card have faced problems while connecting the multiple monitors. So can anyone suggest me how to connect the multiple monitors to the graphics card without causing any error or failure?

Re: how to use dual display with Nvidia Geforce Gtx 550 Ti

Yes I have faced the problem when trying to use multiple monitors with this card. For connecting the multiple monitors I have connected my monitor to the dvi port and my TV to the hdmi port. But don’t get image. So I tried to reboot but still there is no display over the TV and only I can see the display over the monitor. So as what I know we cannot able to connect multiple monitor at a time to GTX550Ti monitor. It displays display on one thing at a time.

I have the Nvidia Geforce Gtx550Ti. But I can able to connect multiple monitors at a time to this card. It works for me without any problem. You need to troubleshoot what will be the actual problem causing this. Does this remove the monitor connected to the div port of the card and keep the hdmi cable of the TV connected to the card only. Now try to run the system. If the display comes to the TV. Now shut the system of and connect the monitor to the dvi port and run both the monitors at the same time it will work so try it.

I have the steps which will enable you to display the screen on multiple places.
    • First connect your monitor to the dvi port.
    • Make dvi primary display
    • Now turn off the system and remove the connection.
    • Now connect it to the vga port the system and get system works on the secondary screen.
    • Now shutdown system again.
    • Now connect both the display.
    It will work perfectly for the system and display will be shown on the multiple displays. So try to do this.

Thanks for providing the solution. I have tried to do the things but still I can’t able to connect have first connected the monitor to DVI port .I have make it the default primary display then connected to the other VGA port. And made it secondary and checked if it’s working on the secondary or not. Its works perfectly after that I have connected both the display to the ports of the card and now unable to get the display. So any steps I am missing in it.

Sorry but I have missed to mentioned next step after doing this.
    Do those steps next
    • After doing all the previous steps you have.
    • Go to the nvidia control panel
    • Right click on the desktop
    • Then adjust the setting
    • Set the display 2 to external display 1
    • Now shutdown the system and reboot it.
    • Up to the login you will see only single display
    • After the login you can able to see both the display get activated.
    Try those additional steps will now show display on both the monitors.

Thanks again friend for giving me further process and helping me out to solve the issue. I can now able to see the display on the both the monitor as well as the TV. You have given me the solution for the VGA and DVI. But I have HDMI port where I have connected the TV and DVI where I have connected the monitor. But your steps worked for me. I kept the monitor to primary display and the TV is settled to secondary display.