Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 14-08-2011

Can I modify fan settings of Sparkle GTX 570 Calibre

I have purchased Sparkle GTX 570 Calibre few days back. Till date it was working perfectly. From five to six day it is giving me some problems. The problem is that all the three fans attached to the graphics card are blowing hot air out of the cabinet Corsair 800D. I am just afraid if this hot air will cause some damage to the hardware. I have the psu which was mounted below the cabinet which has the fan which is used to intake the air. Which will pass through the psu and then thrown out trough the back. I also have other fan which blows air out. So can anyone suggest me any solution to reduce hot air. Is there any way to change intake fans an exhaust fan?
Old 14-08-2011

Re: Can I modify fan settings of Sparkle GTX 570 Calibre

I have nvidia gtx caliber which I have purchased one month back. There are total three fans on it. And you don?t know actually the fans of the card are intake or exhaust. Actually the fans of the graphics card always intake the air and exhausting. It will cool down the gpu of the graphics card. And what you are saying about the converting intake fan exhaust is possible but due to this the airflow in the cabinet never works perfectly. And it will cause more hit to the graphics card.
Old 14-08-2011

Yes I have also facing some heating problem with the gtx 570 of mine. I have also searched for the solution to reduce the temperature of the graphics card due to no correct airflow in the cabinet. When I checked the graphics card structure the fan design done by sparkle actually causing problem. When we attached the graphics card horizontally on the slot. The fan actually intakes the air blow below and exhaust trough the back portion of the card. But due to the design of the fan the heat never goes out. And it is causing overheating.
Old 14-08-2011

Yes I agree with what he said the graphics card always intakes the air with the help of the fan and cools the gpu and exhaust the air from the back side of the card. So as per what I see with the graphics card I don?t get any problems like yours. So you need to have perfect airflow in the card. When the air comes in to single fan gpu it will be spread through the heat sink of the card which comes out through all direction of the heat sink. So due to heat spread temperature remains normal. But in our case its different we have three fans attached to it which are taking the air and then it will exhaust it. This will cause slight heat. So need more exhaust fans to get it cool down.
Old 14-08-2011

Thanks for trying to help me. so what I have to do to reduce the heat of the components. At the back of the card there is the cpu .so is there any way that I can stop the heat to be get reaching the cpu. And you suggested that I need more fans to get it cooled which I can do. And what I see in the discussion that if I need better cooling I have to buy good quality cooling system in cabinet for gpu as well as cpu. So cpu is also causing heat to the gpu.
Old 14-08-2011

I also have Corsair 800D case and installed the GTX 570 Calibre graphics card in it. Yes what you said is right we can?t control the air reaching the cpu. But we can try to make perfect airflow in the cabinet. So I will suggest you to do this since I have replaced all the fans in the cabinet with the more faster performance fans and used fan controller with which we can control the air flow. So try to add the fastest fans and use air controller to control the fan speed. You can use the controller when there is hot air in the system.
Old 16-08-2011

Airflow in the case is the biggest factor for the computer components. Since it will decide how long the hardware will work perfectly. Since if the hardware in case are heating up regularly then at any time they will cause problem. I have seen the card its full size card which takes lots more space in cabinet. GTX570 Calibre will also has three fans which are actually in taking more air as compare to other graphics card for cooling the gpu. And then exhausting the heat from the back side. But before that it has to intake some cool air and not the hot air of the other components. So there has to be some fans which will take some cool air inside to flow air perfectly in cabinet. Only psu fan will not to solve the cooling solution. So add more fans in front which will intake air. It will help you to keep your graphics card cool as well as other components in case.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Tags: , , , , ,