Thread: Nvidia geforce GT540M keeps crashing

Nvidia geforce GT540M keeps crashing

Hi, I am using the GPU as I mentioned in the title and I have too many problems with the same as whenever I play any game it just crashes in between, sometimes it just freezes, and this is actually in the random formation like first of all it just skip the sounds and progressively screen freezes and everything appears to black on the screen, and with no other option I have to close the game with the task manager itself, so any idea what could be the problem that is causing such a problem.

Re: Nvidia geforce GT540M keeps crashing

it would be better if you mention the crashing log so that I can figure out the actual problem and so that assist you better further. Because the thing is like there might be too many problems that can cause such an issue, like because of the hardware that you are using itself, or the appropriate driver associated with the hardware which is been corrupted. Thus you need to take care of that as well. I mean according to me you should first of all try to post the LOG.

I was also having this kind of problems and it was not up to just the game but the PC keeps crashing because of that, and whichever program I open it was affecting that as well, and after such a huge effort I came to know that this is because of the driver that we use for the hardware, thus I think you also might be having problem with that only, thus I would say you should try to reinstall the driver that you are using, and if suppose you are still pursuing the same problem then you should try with another driver rather you should download the most recent driver from the internet.

Are you playing with a perfect setup of game? I mean to say are you sure that there isn’t any problem in the game itself, because if there is some problem in the game itself then though you install the latest driver you’ll get the problem for sure, thus you should try to figure whether the game is working perfectly or not. And if suppose even after such effort you didn’t find anything you should at least try to reinstall the game so that you can be sure about that.

If you are using the 275.33 driver or the beta 280.19 then surely this is because of the driver only and thus according to me you should try to downgrade the driver to 260.99, I was also having the same problem with the card thus after installing the previous driver I got the problem resolved and now I can play the games perfectly , as mentioned by the above user you should try to reinstall the game as well, so that any missing file would be recovered and you’ll not get the same problem again.

Thanks for the suggestion and after reading this I revert the drivers as well and install the previous one again in the machine but still having problem with the game, and this is not with the particular game rather it is happening with whichever game I open to play, and not this is just getting to worst as the days passes and I am not getting what is happening, any more suggestion left?

which operating system are you using, I think there is some problem with the OS itself, thus according to me you should try to recover the missing or the corrupted files again from the disk, or else or if you are willing to install the newer OS then that’s well and good, because if you don’t do that you’ll have the same problem, because generally this happens with the video driver but as you installed the previous one as well and still pursuing the problem.