Thread: So 1440 x 900 resolution would be supported by GTX 550 GPU ?

So 1440 x 900 resolution would be supported by GTX 550 GPU ?

Hi, I am about to buy a new graphic card for my machine as the one I have doesn’t support the resolution I am expecting, and I am planning to have NVIDIA GTX 550 for my machine so will it support the resolution that I have mentioned in the title, or shall I prefer any other hardware ? actually I have monitor in which I must have to setup this resolution only or else it doesn’t looks well, any suggestion to this would be surely appreciated.

Re: So 1440 x 900 resolution would be supported by GTX 550 GPU ?

Yeah surely you can have this resolution in your machine with this GPU so you can have it for sure, but still don’t forget to have that particular driver as well or else you may not get the same resolution, because that’s the essential thing that you must have to care about, in other words the thing is like though we have a good hardware we cannot utilize it perfectly until we got perfect driver for that hardware.

I have the same opinion as the above user as I had to set up a conventional resolution on my home server with 275.33 driver version by means of NVIDIA control panel, and when I was using the previous version and It wasn’t giving me the resolution that you have mentioned, thus I would say though you use that GPU you should make use of this versions driver as well.

Off course it can support till that resolution in fact I would say It can go all the way up to 2560 x 1600. And at that moment we need to think about the program that we are about to run with that resolution like if suppose any games so whether it is playable at such a elevated resolution is a different matter although. And as far as I know at the 1440 x 900 resolution most of games runs fine with advanced settings on that card.

I am not sure about the hardware that you have mentioned but still as the above user mentioned it must have be supporting that much resolution but still as a different option you can have NVIDIA GTX 560 TI as well, and I am currently using this with my machine so that I can play the games and run other programs with this resolution for sure, and as far as GPU’s are concern we should get the one from the NVIDIA only, so the GTX series above 500 must have been supporting this resolution.

thanks for the suggestion guys but still if suppose I purchase the one that you have mentioned so I need to change some other hardware as well with this? I mean to say the CPU and the power supply also ? because when I was came across other forums for advancing the hardware, I came to know about this thus I am little bit confused about the same. So any more suggestion for this?

see that’s actually depends on the hardware you have, I mean to say If your current hardware specification is that much low then you may get some problem afterwards so you should change them as well, and the one that you have mentioned requires at least 450W of PSU, so if you already have any then that’s well and good but if you are using the lower one then you should change that as well, or else you may get some overheating problem, and accordingly for other hardware as well.