Thread: GTX 560 Ti - NVIDIA is hitting up to 100c

GTX 560 Ti - NVIDIA is hitting up to 100c

I have purchased new Zotac GTX 560 Ti AMP (950\1100) in SLI last month. The performance is very nice up to last week. I know that they are overclocked and overclocking 560's will make them burn up to the high temperature like fire. Actually the main problem is artifacts of all sorts in game. and then when they hit 105 degrees then they automatically stop working. I cannot understand the reason behind that. these two cards on an X58 MB with an i7 920 at stock speeds in an open case with 24 C ambient. I search for this type of problem in other PC but they 90 degrees at the very max and full load. But my system get 100c and above just with average-heavy 3d stuff. Thought I'm not running the system with full load. Can anyone give me some solution to fix this problem? please help me.

Re: GTX 560 Ti - NVIDIA is hitting up to 100c

I read your description but I can’t understand the problem clearly because you did not mentioned the proper configuration of your system. The new Zotac GTX 560 Ti AMP (950\1100) generally 560's overclocking shouldn't be particularly hot actually in terms of the system architecture. So there is nothing like a big problem or issue that you have faced. But then also for your better use I am giving you an advice to give the all details about your system. This will help you to solve your problem.

After reading your problem I want to give you some suggestion to solve that. I think the problem is related to Air flow through your case but I am not sure about this. But you can try to get good airflow. This down the temperature up to 10-15 degrees in the system. Try to get more number fans which can also a possible solution for your problem. I think the wrong setting also be the one of the reason for this kind of problem. something in the BIOS setting and all that. So try to set a different PCIE frequency. This might help you in this situation. But I really cannot understand this is the problem only related to heat or something else. But you can try the above solution.

I can give you some better option for your problem. here I am giving you some tricks. The motherboard here can not be removed, so the assembly and installation must be done entirely within the box. The motherboard went smoothly, with enough room to maneuver things in place. Without any design tool-less, optical drive took a little longer than expected. Hard drives are made fairly quickly once I realized that the screws should go into the holes in succession, the upside is not, to put the units in the rear-facing, no big deal. The power supply was very simple, so the feet are high enough to allow air entry clearance from the bottom. Installing the graphics card was fine, no installation without tools.

I'll admit up front before moving on, I'm a fan of cable management. I am very demanding cable management in one case, and this is where the element of S has done a good job. Scraps of the motherboard tray are in the right places, there is only enough space behind tray cables, and there's a nifty recessed area under the box to hide your hard disk or additional cables slack too. Cutting behind the CPU socket is a best addition for allowing you to change CPU coolers without having to remove the motherboard. The hole is large enough to accommodate a Socket 775, it seems that a Socket 1366 Setup can not allow such an easy exchange. In this way the problem may get fixed. But I am not sure about that.

As per your description I come to know that you have some serious problem which is related to hardware only. Here I can give you some suggestion for that. You can use the technique of installation Thermaltake Element S. this is the best solution for you. After installation the installed system looks very attractive, the black interior looks beautiful. There is adequate space to retreat and hide the cables, maintaining the free flow of air through the box. The lack of design tools without a bit of a hassle, but the overall presentation is done well. When turned on, the red color theme becomes even more evident, with the top exhaust fan that emanates a soft red glow, a welcome change exaggerated by the blue color on the market. The case is very quiet, and the thickness of the side panels help keep noise levels down as well. The fans are very quiet, and do a great job with the airflow while keeping noise levels.

I also had the same problem before sometime. I have a case HAF 922 with extra side fan blowing in ... Did absolutely nothing temporary workers, so bit the bullet and ran a PCI-E slot and now they are not joined at the hip that does not exceed 70 degrees at full load. The slot in the bottom slot is 4x and a small performance hit, but whatever, I do not really see any difference. Now that SLI is running, time to see some motherboards that have 3 or even 4 PCI-E slots with at least 8 times in the bottom slot to build the next. I think this will help to solve your problem. Thank you.