Thread: Unable to detect Graphics card after formatting HP pavilion a1600n

Unable to detect Graphics card after formatting HP pavilion a1600n

I have hp pavilion media center a1600n desktop pc which I have purchased 1 year back. I have installed nvidia 9500 gt graphics card on pci express 16 x slots in motherboard. It was working perfectly till last month I can able to play the games on it perfectly. Last one I have played on it is civilization V. which was running perfectly on the pc. But due to some corruption into windows files I have removed my operating system and I have done reformatting the system to its default setting that is factory settings. Now after installation the system is not detecting the graphics card. So can you provide me the solution?

Re: Unable to detect Graphics card after formatting HP pavilion a1600n

I have faced same problem with my pc which I have purchased few months back. I removed my operating system and when installed new operating system. My system unable to detect the graphics card. So I have searched over the internet for solution but never got the solution to resolve. So I have to reinstall the system again but this time my graphics card was detected by system, so it can be happens due to the operating system was not installed perfectly. Reinstalling the system will solve the problem.

Such a problem is happening to my system many times. This problem is happening due to drivers not installed. So find all the chipset drivers for the motherboard if you have disk provided use from there. Otherwise go to the hp site for the drivers. And also the drivers of the graphics card need to installed. So go to the vender’s site that is nvidia for you. Go there download drivers and install it .it will solve the problem since while drivers try to install it will forced to get detected.

Sometimes it happens while setting the pc to the factory default setting is bios setting got be reversed it happens sometimes only. Since the same problem happens with when I re-installed my vista operating system. After stating up my system can’t able to detect the graphics card. So I have checked the all the solutions to resolve it but none of it works. So I have checked the bios version of the motherboard and it was reverted to the old one don’t know how so I downloaded the newer bios firmware from vendor’s site and installed it. After rebooting the system my graphics card get automatically detected so try this solution it will resolve the problem.

Same thing happens to me also that my graphics card was not able to get recognized by the system when I reinstalled the operating system that is reverted to factory default setting for hp pc. Since the graphics card is not the part which was provided by hp while you purchased your hp pavilion pc. So while reverting to the default setting you have to remove your graphics card before doing revert. Since this works for me when I removed the graphics card and reset the system to factory setting then I have added the graphics card in system and it gets detected. So try to do this while taking system to factory default settings.

I am also having purchased the hp pavilion a1600n around 1 and half year back. which works perfectly for me for every time but 3 months back when I am using the pc the system gets hanged so I have to reset it to the factory default . Also I have the graphics card nvidia 8800gt with it. After resetting it .it can’t get detected by the system automatically. So I have checked what the problem is. Then I got one solution so try this will detect your graphics card. Try to go to the control panel and click on the add hardware .now in it try to search for the new hardware. When I done this my graphics card gets detected by the system then I installed the drivers for the graphics card and this solution works perfectly for me.

Please try to do this go to the bios settings when pc start up then go to set the default setting for the display since it must be to pci and not to the integrated. If you don’t do this it will not work perfectly so do this. And other thing I want to mention you that you must connect the display connector to graphics card and not to the onboard graphics of the motherboard. And check that you are getting the display from the onboard port still you changed the bios settings to the PCI. If it doesn’t show the screen then the setting will be done perfectly and it will get detected.