Thread: video card of TouchSmart PC IQ504 is dead

video card of TouchSmart PC IQ504 is dead

I have a TouchSmart PC IQ504 desktop at home. I have purchased it recently only. I am a gamer and I like playing games on my system. I would like to say that the speed of my system is really good. I think that my video card present is corrupted and dead because of which I get an IGFX error. I have gone through troubleshooting and all but off no good. I have my video card enabled, my system freezes and the screen gets pixelized. I want to know that is there any way to upgrade or replace the card. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Re: video card of TouchSmart PC IQ504 is dead

Well I think you will have to change the entire system board if the video card is corrupted. Video card is actually integrated. Well igfx error is related to the graphics so no doubt that there is some problem with the video card. I would suggest you to use a PCIe graphics card for your PC. If you want more information regarding this issue then I would ask you to start googling on the internet. You will get many searches over there.

I would suggest you to first verify in the device manager whether the drivers has been corrupted because the situation which you have mentioned above clearly indicates that the drivers have got corrupted. To resolve this problem you can simply install the drivers from the manufacturer’s website. If the problem is not fixed still then you must reinsert the video card, and then reinstall the drivers once again and the problem should be fixed.

I recommend you to boot your desktop into safe mode and see whether the issue is persisting or not. First of all you should restart the laptop and simply start pressing f8. Now you have to select Safe mode from the advanced boot menu screen by using the arrow key and press enter. Once the system is booted into the safe mode then just check that issue is persisting or not

I think you should reset the video card which you have installed on your desktop. Also you have to see that the graphic card is overheating or not. There are number of programs which you can use to get the same. The maximum of the GPU temperature should be of 80c. If the temperature reaches to 100C then it would damage the graphic card which you have installed on the desktop and also it might crash the system of yours. You can upgrade the video card if you want.

Kindly mention the configuration of your system in another post because it will allow us to give proper suggestions to you. I have had the same problem earlier. I took my desktop to the hardware shop and they replaced my video card. After replacing the video card, my system became alright and I could play my games back again without any troubles.

Is there any change in the situation after using the solutions which has been mentioned over here? Also tell me whether you are having service warranty of the desktop which you are having. If you are having the same then I recommend you to visit the official service center and claim for the service warranty. Make sure that the laptop which you are having should not have any physical damage otherwise you will not be able to claim the same. They will guide you whether to upgrade or replace.