Thread: PC Monitor and ATI HDMI connection gives a 1 inch black border on screen

PC Monitor and ATI HDMI connection gives a 1 inch black border on screen

I hope you all must have read the title properly. So what I am saying is that have anyone here come up with the necessary solution for the problem. If anyone has solution for the problem then do let me know about the same. Whenever I connect my pc monitor with the HDMI port I do get a 1” black border and that is noticeable. So I don’t want that thing to happen in my monitor. So how to avoid it, can you all please give me some steps and the solutions to avoid it. Please do suggest me something on the same. I am waiting for the necessary replies from you all on the same. so start replying guys.

Re: PC Monitor and ATI HDMI connection gives a 1 inch black border on screen

I would advise you to follow the steps and the problem will be solved. Well I am quite amazed that you were still continuing with the problem instead of searching for the solutions earlier.
    1) Go to the start and then all programs.
    2) Select the CATALYST CONTROL CENTER and from there CCC ADVANCED, then GRAPHICS MENU and last and the finally DESKTOP & DISPLAYS.
    3) You will get to see the monitor avatar, go to its properties and just check Enable GPU Scaling box is checked. If it is not then you must check it.
    4) Also you need to take a look at one more options and that is move slider reduce it to 0. Now after having done that your image size will definitely increase a lot.
    Hope that works out for you.

Well I have got a much more easy solution for you all and that solution is that
    1) Just do a simple right click on the screen and select properties.
    2) Click on advanced option and then of all the tabs that appear to you select the CATALYST CONTROL CENTER tab.
    3) When you get to see the CCC ADVANCED option from there you will have to follow the same steps that has been given there. So do as what I have said here. hope so that works for you.
    So do as what I have suggested here, hope that turns out to be the perfect suggestion for you. so that’s the suggestion for you from my side.

Now I have noticed that this problem is a lot frequent with the ATI, can you all please tell me what can be the reason behind that. Does anybody have any idea about the same then do let me know about the same. I am waiting for the necessary reply from you all on the same. so start replying guys on that. Well this is not me who has this query but many of my friends who do have this similar problem still I decided to ask this with you all about the same. so start replying guys. I am waiting for the necessary replies from you all.

Yes you are quite correct about that well the story is made-up to ATI. Whenever you connect an HDMI cable to a TV. The majority TVs are set to default ATI overscan for the retrenchment of the image by 15% this ensures that while using the HDMI cable the entire desktop is visible. Therefore, it connects to a PC monitor using an HDMI cable only show 85% of the desktop. The above two solutions that are given for you does allow you to achieve 100% desktop view. So now its upon you to follow it or not. Well I can surely say that the desired solution will be of great help for you.

Ok that was ultimate, thanks a lot for suggesting me the said solution. Appreciate the efforts that you have put in to solve the issue. well I was really not knowing about that the comparisons that you have made about the TV and also the monitor was quite interesting and hence appreciate that you did gave a descent explanation about the same. even I was having some similar issue with my LCD monitor but now everything has been solved after working on the said solutions of yours, so thanks a lot guys.