Thread: Nvidia GeForce 8200M G HDMI Port not working

Nvidia GeForce 8200M G HDMI Port not working

Hello friends I am using Compaq laptop in which nvidia geforce 8200m chipset is installed. In my laptop I was able to connect my LG LCD tv with my laptop with the help of HDMI and all the things were working perfectly. Now after that I have updated the graphic driver. While installing the driver I didn’t get any error but after that whenever I try to connect the TV with my laptop at that time laptop is not able to recognize my TV. If anyone who is facing the same problem and solved it then please let me know.

Re: Nvidia GeForce 8200M G HDMI Port not working

First of all I would like to tell you that first check whether you have connected your HDMI cable perfectly or not and also check that whether your HDMI cable is working perfectly or not. if possible try to connect your laptop with your TV by using other HDMI cable and after that check whether your laptop is able to recognize the TV or not. if your laptop is able to recognize the TV then I think you have to change the HDMI cable I hope after that you will not get any problem.

I think when you have installed the new drivers after that it has changed all the setting to the default and you need to do some changes in setting to connect your TV with your laptop and after that you will be able to use the TV with your laptop. You can do all the necessary setting by going in to the nvidia controll panel settings. After doing the setting connect your laptop with the TV and then check whether same problem is coming or not. If you still get the same problem then let me know.

If you are not able to solve the problem by changing the setting from nvidia controll panel settings the try to solve the problem by doing these steps. First of all disconnect the laptop from your TV, now after that go to the display properties. Now after that change the resolution of your laptop and then try to connect again with your TV. If that also doesn’t work the again set different resolution and after that check again, may be one of the resolution will allow you to connect the TV.

According to me you should first uninstall the driver from your laptop and after that restart the laptop. Now after doing that install the driver again in your laptop and after installing the driver open the nvidia controll panel settings and after that check whether HDMI output setting is correct and if is not ok then do changes there. Now after that connect the laptop with TV again. You can also connect the TV with your laptop by using VGA cable. I hope this will be helpful to you.

I have checked all the setting in nvidia controll panel and all the settings were perfect there. After that I have also uninstalled the driver from my laptop and install it in my laptop again but that trick also gave me the same problem. After doing that I have change the resolution and then connect it with laptop at that time my laptop recognize TV but output was not clear. Before installing the driver it was displaying much better. please tell me how to fix this?

If your nvidia control panel control panel all the settings are ok and you have also tried to solve the problem by changing the setting also then u think there is nothing wrong with your setting. Now I would like to tell you that uninstall the driver first and after that install the old driver in your system and after that check whether same problem is coming or not? I think after doing that you will not get any problem. I hope this solution will be helpful to you.

I got same problem, if I use old drivers then everything works perfect, as soon I update drivers my TV show no signal.

Quote Originally Posted by Damakls View Post
    I got same problem, if I use old drivers then everything works perfect, as soon I update drivers my TV show no signal.
    How are you trying to remove the graphics driver, by going into the control panel or by using some uninstaller software. It might be that even though you are uninstalling the drivers still some of the software's file remains in the pc so you have to completely remove it as well. You can do the same by using a software called Revo Uninstaller and in safe mode as well and then try the latest graphics driver.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

1) Uninstall old driver (in this case newer one)
    2) Restart you loptop
    3) Your Loptop will find standart VGA drivers
    4) Go to COMPUTER -> SYSTEM PROPERTIES -> DEVICE MENEGER -> DISPLAY ADAPTERS - you will see standart VGA
    5) Right click UPDATE DRIVER SOFTWARE
    6) Press SEARCH AUTOMATICLY UPDATED DRIVER SOFTWARE
    7) After some time it will find other drivers, diferent then you had.
    8) Restart
    9) Plug in HDTV cable it should work. For more setups go to Nvidia Control panel.