Thread: game crashing while playing with Gigabyte GTX570 (GV-N570OC-13I)

game crashing while playing with Gigabyte GTX570 (GV-N570OC-13I)

I have an Intel i7 930 processor with Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R REV.20 Motherboard. I have Corsair HX850 cooler installed in the motherboard with RAM of 6GB and GTX 570 graphics card. I had bought this computer with this configuration with the motive of playing games. I like to play games a lot. Two days back I was playing games (Battlefield, Bad Company 2 or Dirt 2) and during the play I experienced that the screen went white and black and the system got crashed. I then had to hard reset my system to get the system back in proper condition. There is an error that I am getting after every time the system gets crashed saying "video hardware error” I would like to add that 266.58 Nvidia is the driver that I am currently using. I had tried to put my old 9800GTX card to check and it worked. Please suggest me something

Re: game crashing while playing with Gigabyte GTX570 (GV-N570OC-13I)

Well according to the message that comes and the problem mentioned by you I think that there is some serious problem with the hardware. What firmware are you using currently? Make sure that you have connected all the cables properly with the motherboard. I hope you are running the card in the proper slot. I think you need to uncase your machine and check the above things that I have told.

As mentioned by you that you are using 266.58 Nvidia drivers I would like to tell you that try to install the latest firmware for the driver from the internet. Check whether the updates are available or not. If they are available then install it. After installing restart the system and try playing the games. Maximum time’s firmware issue leads to such faults. I hope my suggestion is helpful to you. Try and then let me know whether it worked or no.

I don’t think that this issue of yours is related to the heat as the processor is very strong, graphic card used by you is compatible with the games. High power games and high power graphic games are compatible. I think you should upgrade the BIOS. Upgrading BIOS is risky but this could solve the issue. If you don’t know how to upgrade the BIOS then I would suggest you to give your system to the hardware person. They will do it properly or else you can search on the internet and learn how to upgrade BIOS.

You must know that up-to-date drivers are important for the system if you want to play high graphics games on your computer. It could be some programming error or the drivers must be demanding high power for the system other than it is attuned for. Because of this the system freezes while playing games. Therefore you should try to increase the voltage that is meant for GPU. I hope it resolves your problem.

Well I would suggest you to install the graphic card drivers again in the system. Check for the current latest drivers available on the internet. Download it and install it. First remove the old drivers by going into the control panel from the start button. In the control select add and remove hardware option. After that search the drivers of graphic card installed, right click on the driver and select remove. This will uninstall the graphic driver and the system will automatically get restarted. Then install the fresh latest drivers of the graphic card. I hope this will help.

First you must ensure that the CPU and memory usage is in normal state. You can try to Run the memory test to observe if the memory is normal or not. Then make sure that you stop all the unwanted processes that are using more memory as well as the CPU. Take care that the system configuration is ok. It is also possible that because of few errors in Nvidia driver or in the game is causing current problem. I hope doing this resolves your issue.