Thread: fps drastically drops in Gigabyte HD6850 OC edition

fps drastically drops in Gigabyte HD6850 OC edition

I have purchased the new Gigabyte HD6850 OC edition at last year may be something in December. I want to see the movies on the HD quality. But after I installed that on my system then I faced the serious problem with my system. I cant recognize the problem’s reason. The actual problem is whenenever I am trying to play the movies in the background like you tube or simple animated banner then I come to know that the FPS in the games will drops automatically. This problem not consistent with the WoW Cataclysm but I cant play the music on you tub. The speed is started with 100-120 fps but after that it comes down up to 4 fps. This problem is found in all the players I used like media player classic, YouTube, windows media player, winamp or others. I want to know that is this problem regarding with my GFX or not. So what the reason of this problem. Can anyone give me some idea to solve my problem? Please help me.

Re: fps drastically drops in Gigabyte HD6850 OC edition

I read your problem and I think this problem causes because of some software issues. I have some knowledge about that so I can give you some information about that. There are so many modern media players available which uses the GPU to accelerate the video decoding. Then after this process it would subtract the FPS from your games because the GPU is actually being somewhere else also. In case of you tube videos I can give you some suggestions. First pick any you tube video and right click on it and then you have to select “Setting”. There you can see the tick box having title "Enable hardware acceleration". You will see that the tick box is ticked and that causes the problem. Therefore you have to un-ticked the tick box this resulting in the decoding will be tasked to your CPU. Remember to un-ticked the tick box. You can use this trick for most of the media players.

You did not give the proper configuration of your system So that I cannot give you a proper solution to solve your problem. But I can provide you some general instructions to solve your problem. Sometimes this type of problem occurs because of the CPU and not because of GPU. The reason is WOW depends on your CPU so if you are the user of Fire Fox or internet explorer then that could effect your performance because it uses lot of RAM and CPU to display the simple advertisements. By that process the GPU being overloaded. This is the reason that causes the problem that you have faced now. So please try to use the Google Chrome browser to surf or download. This can give you better performance. I hope so.

I think the problem is widely found in these days. I don’t know the exact reason but I can say that this problem may occurs due to change in operating system. because most of the user having this problem try to change their operating system to another OS means this problem mostly seen in those people who replace their OS form Windows XP to Windows 7.this is not a confirmed declaration but this can be seen in most cases. Sometimes the features of Windows 7 like Aero and a looping desktop background then this can also affect the system because they are fluctuating after every 10 seconds. The impact is actually not so much but this could be the reason. I think you try to do some changes in the setting of your operating system that can may be helpful to you for solving the problem. Thank you.

According to your description I come to know that you have the problem of downloading speed. You should give the proper idea about what are you doing during the problem occurs. That can give me some idea. You did not give even what kind of games you were playing when the problem occurs. I think this can be also possible if you are trying to play the video while a game is going on and that will slowing down the speed form 100 fps to 4 fps. Actually the speed should not be dropped up to that extend but sometimes it happens. So try to close your all application during when you are trying to watch the you tube videos. I think this will be very helpful and efficient solution to solve this kind of problems.

As per you given circumstances I can get the conclusion that your problem may be because your card is going into 2d clock speed by confusing from video playing. I am giving you an advice to get the MSI AfterBurner then see the results and also see the effect of that on core and shader clock speed during the video game playing on your system. If you see there the drop in the speed then the problem is very serious and you have to check it by the computer intelligent or engineer. I hope this will worth for you.

I think your problem is GPU concerned and it can be solved by some replacement in the system which you are using. I can give you the suggestion that if you have the warrantee on the GPU instrument then please replace it with the newer one. because sometimes hardware causes these kind of problem. If you don’t have the warrantees then try to upgrade your firmware that can also helpful in some situations. I think this provides you some help to solve your problem. Thank you.