Thread: Is AMD Radeon HD 6990M fastest mobile GPU?

Is AMD Radeon HD 6990M fastest mobile GPU?

It seems that Nvidia AMD to the next phone at the front of this round. Apparently, I have heard around the corner is going to be interesting for those of us who buy high end not so portable. If we are waiting to see a real crazy mobile GPU architecture out of Cayman, we are regrettably not getting. Unlike desktop 6990, we are also talking about a dual GPU on a single card.

Re: Is AMD Radeon HD 6990M fastest mobile GPU?

This is another case, of course, which both claims that they are the fastest. Nvidia first launched, so his statement was true then, and now AMD is releasing this part, and according to the slide shows, games / settings that say the fastest. The appointment of a dual-GPU card desktop GPU single moving part is failing IMO. But criticism of all names is probably the standard phones.

From HD6990M HD6870 is the same chip and chip GTX580M GTX560Ti is the similar, to see which card is faster, just to prove HD6990M AMD HD6870 in configuration settings GTX560Ti Vs GTX580M is as simple as that. I would prefer if you could try a Core i3 Mobile 2120 to suggest the corresponding i5-2540M and Core i7 2600 / K to simulate Core i7-2820QM.

Nvidia is probably the only answer to the 6990m. GPU top of this generation of phones is very likely that AMD. We'll have to wait for tests to be sure. Bombastic statements like yours are really going to look funny in a few months. Is this some shameless product plug? The article says exactly how a 580 has a top speed on a 560ti 37% slower number. As for graphics, also linked through the article, but always by AMD, the difference is up to 25% yield based on the evidence.

The exorbitant prices charged and Nvidia continues to take a slight lead in the single market for desktop graphics GPU. I mean, it must feel really stupid for someone to purchase hardware for half the price he did and still competes and even surpasses the more expensive configuration. This is very true. Do not fail to remember that there are people and forum posters hardware forums like these that help to keep marketing of Nvidia, repeated a false image of better products by this firm. Overall, Nvidia mobile GPU name and AMD is really ugly IMO.

AMD marketing is very good IMO. Calling this generation mobile GPU king, the king like this dual-GPU generations, just win and should help sales and therefore competition in all areas. People like us know that basically all moving parts are not what they are called, but variations of the solutions to medium-high range GPU is on the desktop, ie the series and 460 series 68xx models / 560.

AMD is communicable up in marketing. Calling the king probable new mobile GPU, the 6990M is marketing. They know they have the higher dual-GPU card on the market and are capitalizing on this with this phone card. People will buy that, particularly if they have a better product at a lower cost. As a side effect that actually makes the nature of Nvidia greedy stand out.