Thread: How long i have to wait for OLED computer monitors ?

How long i have to wait for OLED computer monitors ?

I have 21” Acer TN panel. I am planning to buy a new monitor for my pc an d got one but that does not impress me much so I returned it back and start looking for another but not finding one which suite my requirement I am a gamer want monitor which is richest in graphic display . Now a day’s all company are focused on 3D monitor whom I don’t really care. IPS monitor are kind of expensive and I can’t stand TN panel beside it’s not great for gaming rest lack in some or other features now then I think I rather wait for some time and use my old monitor heard about OLED option recently can anyone tell me how long time it will take for OLED computer monitor launch

Re: How long i have to wait for OLED computer monitors ?

I also did some reach on availability of OLED and got to know you can get 11” OLED from Sony right now for 3000$. Some of Smartphone are coming with OLED screen . OLED are so in right not normal sized OLED monitor comes in for 30000$ too expensive isn’t it I remember plasma tv use to come that expensive . Rumor has it Samsung is releasing 42” OLED TV in pretty reasonable price soon but they r claiming that since year. so you can guess the rest nice technology but kinda expensive

Ok if you don’t like TN panels then just don’t buy one with TN panel with it. There are many LCD available with other type oh panel with some extra cost and if you really want much better option I will suggest you should go for small plasma TV and use it as monitor it has that option also . plasma was not targeted for computer monitor hence they are limited in higher size for use as TV but this won’t harm the perform and for a change you can also use its TV feature also .

One of the major advantage of OLED is it possibly be the potential to get much cheaper that compared to LCD once it production volume rise up in near future it is expensive right now because of adopter tax and early production costing . however Samsung has a new process for Quantum dot monitors that should reduce production cost considerably but all these process is estimated to take atleast 5 year to implement higher production

I was recently looking at my friends OLED based android phone and was stunned but the fact that his display was actually very much amazing. The black level was pitching black without a hint of glow and the color was very rich and vibrant but motion blur was not that perfect but not bad either based on the game I have tried overall I have the greatest experience while using OLED based android phone . imagine if such small phone look that better than what effect would be achieved from 21” monitor I can’t wait to buy this one