Thread: How to connect Sony TV to internet with Dongle

How to connect Sony TV to internet with Dongle

I am having the Netgear router and the problem is that, I am not able to connect to the Sony TV. I have no idea that how this can be done. What I tried up till now is to add a wireless device but that was not helpful to me. I have also searched for this on internet but not got the solution for this. So I am posting this over here so that, if someone of you have anything that can help me do make the connection then please let me know about that. Thank you so much in advance.

Re: How to connect Sony TV to internet with Dongle

You can change the IP address to the address within the proper Subnet and in addition to that, it is also necessary to modify the Default Gateway as well as the DNS Server addresses with the IP address of the router that you are using. This is one of the possible things that you can try to see if this helps you or not. I hope that will be able to help you in any way to get it done. Please reply that of this was helpful to you or not.

Thanks for your quick reply but I would like to tell you that I am having the subnet mask very correct and the gateway as well as DNS's put as the routers IP address and it shows me that the wireless device and the local access are working fine but there is no internet access. Can you tell me the way by which I can know that what is the IP address that I should use for the TV settings? Please reply for this again.

The subnet mentioned in the first reply is nothing but the IP Address range. Therefore you can make use of any of the *unused* address within that range to the TV. For the DNS Server addresses, it is usually enough to utilize the Router's IP address. However, you could too make use of one otherwise both of your ISP's DNS Server addresses. If you go to router's Status page then you will get the DNS Server addresses that ISP has owed to it. You can try by those same addresses within the TV's settings.

If you leave the idea to do the wireless connection then the best thing that you can do is to make use of the Ethernet cable and get the router and TV close. This will be the best thing that you can do but if you can live with the wired connection. I am saying that because you have already mentioned that you want to use the wireless connection with the help of dongle. I am using the wired connection for this and I don’t think that I will ever switch to wireless as I am nkot having any problem with this.

Minor and conservative Pandigital PANWF01 satellite USB connector 128-bit WEP/WPA assurances your small network that it will be secure & protected. Effectively flexible joint prepares the satellite USB connector to swivel and pivot along these lines that it’s kept out of date and well beyond anyone's ability to see. Send pictures to computerized casing via this thin satellite connector. 128-cycle WPA /WEP assurance your minor lattice will be sheltered and 802.11 b/g lattice speeds gives a positively speedy connection.