Thread: Glossy or matte panel for Samsung HDTV

Glossy or matte panel for Samsung HDTV

I am planning to buy a Samsung xxD6000 LED TV. I believe the image appears excellent, except my main worry is the truth that the front panel is glossy. Each and every one of the LCD's I presently own are matte. My apprehension regarding switching toward a glossy panel is fierce look. If anybody might share their view on matte vs. glossy screens, I would very much be thankful for it. A number of citizens assert that glossy screens have brighter colors, except getting brighter colors doesn't actually assist while darker screens are enclosed by a pleasant orange glare.

Re: Glossy or matte panel for Samsung HDTV

The glossy is worth more than the depth of the image. If you have no source of light in front of the monitor (window) you can take a glossy tile. What I found is that there are more reflections on a glossy look but often ignore these reflections. I know someone who has a Samsung with a window in front and I find it really annoying on my laptop is also very annoying when the back provide a source of light. But I see few people buying Samsung complain about this, so I do not believe in a 'normal' this is disadvantageous. If you are a stickler for blacks and depth of the image directs you to the Samsung screens have a very good rating

The glossy screens enhance the contrast, making it seem even more the black’s blacks, and brighter colors, but they reflect light, so outdoors or in the case of bright lights near the screen visibility may be impaired. From my point of view of a glossy screen is fine for a desktop computer (used indoors), I would choose a laptop for the matte screen option.

In my opinion I think that glossy panel will pose two problems:
    • Reflections of the spectators and the surrounding objects, more so if they are well lit. These reflections are particularly troublesome that they are clear and attract more attention.
    • Reflections of light sources located behind or around the audience (window, lamp ...).

In short:
    • If you have a strong light is on the audience or behind them: not glossy.
    • If you have a light "side" knew the screen itself: glossy.

No correspondence between the types of tile and the fact that the surface is shining or not. Those that do not shine just have an anti-glare. In general there's a whole marketing of the "clear cool thing" to its pretended to give shine brighter colors. And it is particularly indicated in the specifications or not the addition of an anti-reflective coating. It is best to see firsthand or read a default test.

I do not think the choice of a glossy (or matte) visual impact on the user's health if it is comfortable to work with it, do not have to force anything, and above all, observe hygiene standards so often visual repeated as the correct distance between the eyes and monitor adequate ambient light, flashing regularly (even forced) eye, for good lubrication, alternating between focusing on the distance from the screen and middle / long distance, break every x time to be at the computer, and so on.