Thread: 27 inch iMac screens Color accuracy

27 inch iMac screens Color accuracy

I've be each and every one above the net investigate trying to calibrate a 27in Imac with Spyder 2 express 2.3 software, which is what I’m using. When I try to calibrate i've been leaving the intensity at full and not change anything else. 6500k with 2.2, and I keep getting a yellow tone. I can't seem screens capable to displaying 96% Adobe RGB or 100% sRGB. Anything that a screen calibrator couldn't fix? So..What do you guys think? What's the better buy?

Re: 27 inch iMac screens Color accuracy

If u can afford to get the new 27 inch iMac, definitely do it, especially if you’re doing color critical work like i do with graphic design and photography, more than appeal it. I purchase excavate about a month and a half ago, completely unbelievable. Mac Book to make it work for long period of time. Maybe I'm just a wimp of a geek, but I've never been sensitive to these sorts of things on any sort of machinery before. This information help to solve the color accuracy problem.

Apple has a extended the past of contribution top-grade monitors. In demanding, their Cinema Displays and some of the large iMacs (24” and up) have been color accurate in the past. I was thinking of either going for an iMac 27" and a low-end macbook pro (MBP) OR an advanced configuration of macbook pro, with a Dell U2410. In the first alternative, I will employ my iMac for the majority photo-editing, and use the macbook pro while on the move.

Apple does not market these monitors as being color-accurate, like NEC/LaCie/Eizo does, by providing specs. I am expecting delivery of my 27" iMac by Monday, so you can observe what conclusion I came to. I think Apple made a big error going from matte to glossy screens with the iMacs. You just won’t learn anything since today we’re discussing how to properly calibrate the monitor on an iMac. Test back and all this Mac substance will be in the past.

Have you careful how color-correct the monitors are that you are using? iMac 27" problem aside the monitor is a white LED, not RGB LED. So the problem becomes how precisely the monitor can be calibrated. The grey bars will look identical in color when they are close together. If your display shows identical colors after doing the test several times, it means that your display has no such issue. This is the few information about the color accuracy I know very well.

Apple launch the new iMac and for $2900 you can get a 3.4GHz Core i7 processor with 16GB RAM and 2GB HD6970M video card. You will most probable have a superior option at color accuracy working off a UMBP connect to a color correct monitor than you would straight from the 27" iMac. Apple is making a big deal of the fact this screen is 16:9. This will be help to improve the performance of the system display with the color accuracy.

If you already have an iMac or Cinema Display, and don’t have a color-accurate monitor, I’d recommend getting a 27 inch iMac screens. This will be work brilliant and it helps to enhance the features of the system display. It's certainly possible to do serious work on a laptop, but if you don't need portability, the iMac is the most cost effective solution. If you want a pro screen, you either buy the iMac and hook up and external monitor.