Thread: Which one will give better HD quality TV or PC?

Which one will give better HD quality TV or PC?

Lately I have Pearl Harbour and play Blu-Ray through my PS3 to Sony at a resolution of 1080p LCD TV 40inch. Movie looks great and strong a detailed report. Now I play on my PC with an AMD CPU 1055T, Nvidia Geforce 470GTX, 4gigs DDR3 RAM and a Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 LED monitor that connects via an HDMI cable. Now can anyone tell me why on earth the same movie that looks so satisfactory on the PS3 + TV setup is absolutely terrible on my PC configuration, I mean that seems to 360p video from YouTube.
    • I tried and used the following stuffs:
    • DVI cable
    • different HDMI Cables
    • Checked my nvidia control panel on 1080p and set too 60Hz
    • Cyberlink and Win DVD.

Please provide necessary solutions for it?

Re: Which one will give better HD quality TV or PC?

Me too having alike problem when playing movies on my HDTV 42 "LED TV through my PS3 looks amazing, however, when using the HDMI connection for my Radeon 5850, the quality is less. I have no idea what happens, as a first step, try downloading VLC media player and activate the acceleration of the GPU is built on this enhanced things for me, but the picture quality is still far from out of the PS3 + streaming TV.

Here’s the solution which I have found on doing research:

1. Download the most recent NVIDIA driver existing
    2. In the configuration of the controller, there is an option to extend the screen to a custom resolution if the HDMI connection sends a signal that is too large a portion of the image is not, if you have this option enabled (For example, you are using something like 1880x1040 instead of native 1920x1080) - disable it and return to the original 1920x1080 resolution, although not fit on the screen.
    3. In the wizard image on your TV, find the aspect ratio 16:9 instead of selecting which set to "Auto" or "scan", whatever option you have there.

Its scale on the screen must fit the TV perfectly to 1920x1080 at 60 Hz did the trick for me, before my resolution is set to the screen by the GPU causing the picture look bad, when the disability let the TV do the work that things worked. Some people also said it has better picture quality by changing its label HDMI PC for me is the opposite, I found that standard DVD / BR settings provide improved color.

When playing videos in 1080, I tried to set the aspect ratio. But it seems a little improved but not as sharp an in your face as the installation of TV + PS3. So I'm downloading official trailer in 1080p, so take a look if only the video or what. We also use K-Lite Codec Mega Pack version, but playing everything through my Windows Media Player. Something noticed from playing the video is for all my cores on my CPU is at rest, now I might be wrong, but that should mean that the GPU is the provision.

Actually I am not sure about that, but deep down, do not use a package of codec of all, remove the K-Lite Codec Pack and just download the VLC media player, then the configuration, check " Use GPU acceleration "box to ensure that the GPU will be handling all the decoding. VLC also has built in decoders that can read any format, without complex package of codec required and the results are better. I still think that when downloading movies with my PS3 the picture looks better, but I've definitely found a great improvement with the installation of VLC and off the scale and scanning options. My sources are clear; the screen is crisp and vibrant image.

At times the screen resolution of the computer is higher than the physical screen resolution (also known as native resolution), some video drivers that travel the virtual screen on the physical screen thus making a desk two dimensional virtual view. Most LCD producers will take reminder of the resolution of the panel to work in a non-native resolution of LCDs will effect in a poor image due to the fall of pixels to adjust the image ( when using DVI) or inadequate variety of the analog signal (when using the VGA connector).