Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 laptop screen flickers when connected to external monitor

Lenovo ThinkPad T410 laptop screen flickers when connected to external monitor

I bought Lenovo ThinkPad T410 few days back. It has windows 7 Service packs 1 installed on it and having Nvidia 3100M Graphics adapter. I have connected two external monitors to it one is connected to VGA port and other one I have connected to docking station of the laptop. The flickers happen only when I move my mouse cursor and monitor connected to docking station. If i do nothing with it it and keep it steady flicker doesn’t happen. Laptop screen doesn’t give such a problem when it is not connected to external monitor. Is there any idea what is problem?

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 laptop screen flickers when connected to external monitor

I have also same problem like yours when connected two external monitors are connected to it. One of it blinks at particular interval of time. Sometimes it flickers after 5 minutes sometimes it flickers after 10 minutes. Try to turn off any power saving features. Low screen refresh rate can cause such a problems. Today almost every laptop system has set to its default refresh rate which is 60Hz. All laptops works perfectly on 60Hz refresh rate. You can change refresh rate above it but check it whether it is compatible with it. Otherwise you will get problem.

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 laptop screen flickers when connected to external monitor

Sometimes such a screen flickering problem can occurs due to loose connection wire which connects motherboard to LCD screen of it. You can solve this problem by opening back of laptop and check if it has any loose connection. But If you don’t know regarding hardware contact hardware engineer to check the problem he can solve your problem. Don’t try to open back cover of your laptop it may create more problems with your hardware.

I have the same problem of flickering. According to me such a problem may cause due to not only the hardware. Every time such a problem occurs everyone says its hardware related problem. Try this you have Nvidia 3100M graphics on your laptop. If you don’t know about which video card you have Right click on your desktop, select property settings you can see which video card you are using. Now Check its drivers of it are up to date or not. If not then download latest drivers form vendor site Nvidia or Lenovo. And update your drivers it will solve your problem.