Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Acer monitor keeps on giving error message that input not supported

Monitor & Video Cards

Old 21-07-2011

Acer monitor keeps on giving error message that input not supported

I am having a Acer Monitor. I had upgraded my gpu on my pc recently. It was Geforce 6150SE before and then I had upgraded the same to Geforce 9400GT. I have a weird problem. After upgrading I had installed new drivers. The monitor was connected through hdmi cable. But there is no display on Acer Monitor. I am getting input not supported message continuously on the same.

Old 21-07-2011
Members

This can be a driver issue. You have to remove the old drivers and install new one back. Then only it will work. Just go in Control panel and remove any existing gpu drivers. You have to connect your pc on the vga port before that. Or else it will not work. Once old drivers are removed go on the official website and download fresh one. When you run the setup the utility will automatically detect the hardware and install it.
Old 25-07-2011

It can be due to faulty cable also. You have to check. You can try to find different display cable and hook them on your monitor. I think that will be enough. Just change the cable and see whether you are able to get the output or not. Driver update is a good solution. Most of the time this thing is due to damage cable and by changing that the problem will be fixed.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Tags: , , , , ,