Thread: HP Pavilion monitor stutters

HP Pavilion monitor stutters

I am having some problem with the HP Pavilion monitor. Actually the screen flickers on and off and I am not able to click on the icons. Once this started then I have to do the hard shut down to turn it off. This is very annoying. It is having the Windows XP (Service Pack 2) installed in that. I have also installed the McAfee Security in that. I started getting this from last three days. Can somebody tell me that how can this be resolved.

Re: HP Pavilion monitor stutters

Installing the latest driver might help you. So search for the latest driver available on the internet and install that on your computer. This is most likely seems to be the problem with the driver and installing the latest one will help for sure. So my suggestion to you is do this first before trying to do anything else with the system. If that does not solve the issue then it is also not going to harm in any way.

If you want to check that if the problem is with the monitor you are using or with the system then you can simply connect another working monitor to it and see if that is showing you the same issue. If that is working properly then it will verify that the culprit for this is the monitor. So if it is possible then you can go for repairing the monitor but it will be better for you to get a new one and that will solve the issue.

As you told that this problem started from last three days so I think that the system restore will help you to solve the problem. If you want to do that then go to the system utilities and then select the option for the system restore. Choose the date earlier that the day when this problem started and then click on restore. It will start your computer to restore on that point and once the restore completed successfully then the problem will be resolved.

If your computer is having the virus in the system then also you will get the issues like this. As you told that you are having the McAfee Security installed in your computer. But think that it is not up to date. So just do the update of this and once completed with the update then scan the system with that. Clean or delete all the files which are infected but ensure that they are not the system files. If this is due to virus then cleaning then surely solve the problem for you.

I also suggest you get the latest drivers and install them and then verify the results. If the problem persists, replace the monitor in another place or place a different monitor and see what happens. You can usually do as to replace the single cable, etc., if the connection is not going to include a video card and replace. Return to the results. In some cases where this has happened and most often installed XP, where the screen blanks out momentarily or flash, has been corrupted s / w and / or what is needed. It is perhaps s / w that was a step-by and / or incorrect settings are used now because the H / W can not meet these demands has weakened. try to use 60 Hz, 70 Hz vs. example here in the video settings.