Thread: Fans go overdrive and Monitor Turns Off after installing graphics card

Fans go overdrive and Monitor Turns Off after installing graphics card

My system configuration is an
    Processor: AMD Phenom X4 9750 Agena
    MB: ASUS M2N68-AM PLUS
    RAM: 3GB DDR2 (2x667MHz, 1x800MHz)
    CPU Fan: Thermaltake TMG A3
    Hard Disk Drive: Western Digital Caviar SE 120GB (IDE), 500GB (SATA)
    CD: SATA DVD RW
    Graphics card: GeForce 8400
    Operating System: Windows 7 32-bit
    Recently I insert GeForce 8400 Graphics card into this system and then this system make some problem. This are as when I try to play video game on it the CPU fans goes to overdrive and make noise. Also the laptop monitor is to be turned off. I need to use the restart method for starting this laptop. I think this is the power supply issue or might be the motherboard problem. Any suggestions for solving problem will be appreciate.

Re: Fans go overdrive and Monitor Turns Off after installing graphics card

As per you mention in the post you have doubt that the motherboard is being not working properly and hence this will be gives the problem. Then I suggest you to first check the number of connection of the motherboard. If something wrong happen on this motherboard connection then you needs to reconnect that connection. This will be might work and in the result, the problem is being solved onto this system. Then do this task and see what happen.

It could also possible that the problem is existing in the graphics card. Yes, this is happen because the graphics card is being not correctly connect with the motherboard. Or the motherboard can’t able to detect this graphics card. Then you need to check the expansion slot of the graphic card. Then reinsert this card into that graphics slot. This will be help to avoid such monitor turn off problem at the time of playing video game.

This is the best way to solve such monitor problem. Several times the monitor is being shut down and the reason behind this is that the graphics card is not correctly inserted into the expansion slot. Then do this task and solve problem. Also you need to install the updated driver of this card. It will provide the connectivity with the motherboard. The other thing is to be as the check cable connection of monitor. It also happens in few situations.

I think the problem is in the PSU. This power supply unit is being not capable to provide power supply to the respective devices. It could be also happens that you have not properly connect the power cable of the system. Hence the fan make noise and monitor is turn off. Then you need to just replace this PSU. This is the best thing that will be help to solve such problem. In this case, this is necessary and it will be solve the problem.

I had recommended to you that reseating your system graphics processing unit. This will be help to you for solving such kind of problem. This is the best and it will be help to solve the problem. Then use this kind of solution and it will be work at some time to solve the graphical problem. The manual of the graphics card will be providing the information for reset this GPU. This is work and it will be help to solve such kind of problem onto the system.

Before doing any harmful action on the system, I just mention that this will be the problem of the BIOS. The BIOS has been not capable to detect the graphics card of the system. This is to be help to you for solving such kind of problem. Hence you need to do the BIOS reset task on the system. Also you need to just check the I DE/SATA disk connectivity. This will be also work sometime to avoid such kind of complicated problem.