Thread: Having brightness problem on my Asus Eee PC T91

Having brightness problem on my Asus Eee PC T91

Recently I have purchased a new Asus Eee PC T91 laptop. I have windows 7 operating system and I have installed WinXP acpi driver which is running under the XP compatible mode. When I start the windows I always face a small error message on login. But it’s ok. My main problem is the brightness of the screen. To have the maximum brightness I need to press fn-f4 button from keyboard. Why I cannot have full brightness of the screen. Kindly help.

Re: Having brightness problem on my Asus Eee PC T91

I would recommend you to uninstall the windows acpi driver because it’s for windows XP. You are having windows 7. You should only use XP drivers in compatibility mode if it's for device-specific USB drivers. Run only those drivers that are supported with your windows 7 else it will affect the desktop. Install driver that supports windows 7. You can download it from the internet.

Well as you must know, ACPI driver's handles PnP and power management. Download the driver which is compatible with the windows 7. As it is compatible with windows XP you are facing problem. Once you install the proper drivers you will get the full brightness. What is the error message you are talking about. Kindly make it clear to find suggestions. I hope your brightness issue will get solved. What graphic card you have installed? If nothing still happens then try to install ”Smart Brightness Controller" software. Run this and hope this helps.

Try to install, the new video driver from asus T91MT.do choose windows 7 as the operating system. You can visit any official webpage and download it from there. There is something wrong with the driver as far as I think. If this is not working then try to change the power settings by going on to the control panel option. Make sure that the brightness is 100%.

Firstly I think the problem is because your system doesn’t support windows 7 operating system. Install the free program 'Notebook hardware control'. After installation you may get a black screen for 2 to 3 times press Fn+F4 and it will be back but after that the screen may always be at full brightness. What error message comes while login? Kindly tell me about that.

I would suggest you to go to the Control Panel > Power Options > Change Plan Settings . Drag both the "On battery" and "Plugged in" sliders to full. Then go to the advanced power settings and make sure that on battery level is set as 6 and plug in level is set as 6. Also check that In the display brightness option see that the battery is 100% and the plug in is 100%. Hope this helps but if this doesn’t then once try to uninstall the graphics card. This might help.