Thread: Inno3D GeForce GT220 1gb after driver installation crashes pc and keeps restarting

Inno3D GeForce GT220 1gb after driver installation crashes pc and keeps restarting

Hi, i was wondering if someone can help me. im using Win7 ultimate as OS.after installed my GPU i started my pc and installed the installation disk. my pc prompted me that the version isnt compatible with my OS and that i should look for my version in publisher website. i searched for my series and OS and i stumbled upon nvidia drivers 275.33v for win7 32 bit i installed it and rebooted. i cant boot into my pc it keeps automatically restarting so i went into safe mode. i uninstalled the graphics driver only. not the audio not the PhysX not the nvidia update. and i was able to boot. i need a graphics driver for my version. i cant play my games and stuff. but im able to watch vids on the net.

i have also tried installing older drivers like 181,191,196,270 but its still no use.
    + when i uninstall the graphics driver and go to my normal desktop i start games like need for speed but its always error idk if its just the prog or its bcz of the gpu.
    PS: i ahve already posted this in nvidia forums but theres still no replies.

PC Specs:
    Manu:ECS
    Motherboard is labeled PCI-Express.
    Proccesor: IntelĀ®PentiumĀ® Dual CPU E2140 1.60GHz 1.60GHz
    RAM: 2GB
    System: 32bit
    GPU: Inno3D GeForce GT220 1gb ddr2

Re: Inno3D GeForce GT220 1gb after driver installation crashes pc and keeps restarting

Can you try to open up your computer and reseat the video card Inno3D GeForce GT220, also make sure that the power connections are in properly, boot into safe mode, use driver cleaner pro software to clean out your old drivers, and then download latest Nvidia drivers and try to install it again and see if that works or not. By the way, I cant make out what is the make/model of your motherboard is?
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

Re: Inno3D GeForce GT220 1gb after driver installation crashes pc and keeps restarting

System Model: G31T-M7
    BIOS: Default System BIOS

srry for double posting but. ive tried what you said i also fixed my gpu screw problem my cpu doesnt have one so its wobbly i went to find one and tighten it up. i cleaned my cpu from any old drivers and installed a new one it still doesnt work. i removed the gp driver again.

Cleaning all old drivers was not necessary. It is just about your cards driver. As it is crashing after installing the drivers, it is completely due to driver itself. Just make sure the driver you installed or trying to install is compatible with your OS. You will better get it from the official site itself.

anyways guys problem solved. i went to my nearest PC shop and i exchanged gt220 to gt430 i just added like 5 more bucks os so its sddr3 and my pc is only ddr2 i dunno how it works lol