Thread: Gigabyte GTX 480 SOC is not stable at SOC Clocks

Gigabyte GTX 480 SOC is not stable at SOC Clocks

Right now I am using GTX 480 SOC graphics card. It is really a nice and quiet card. While ran OCCT over this card I have nearly 500 errors within 20 seconds. I have three dissimilar driver variants - finished no dissimilarity. Then I have reduced clock to 770 - and it afterward managed OCCT intended for 4 minutes without any errors, afterward had 1 error. Again decreased clocks to 760 - and lastly steady - 1100 seconds of OCCT devoid of an error. Therefore clearly not stable next to SOC speeds. How can I test the stability of this card? How do factories test the stability?

Re: Gigabyte GTX 480 SOC is not stable at SOC Clocks

You don't speak what additional hardware you have particularly the PSU , motherboard and so on which makes a end harder to approach to. In my opinion I am not a huge fan of the factory overclocked cards like overclocking is an skill and since such not each chip will OC toward the similar degree like the after that. In telling that though the factory Overclock is not enormous and usually nearly all chips will believe it with no trouble. I think you may have just been unsuccessful and establish one of those obstinate chips.

According to Nvidia lead improvements to the Fermi-chip means that the TDP of 219W the card comes out, slightly higher than that of the GTX 470. The performance of the card are in line with that of the GTX 480, which had a TDP of 250W. Since the GTX 570 is cheaper than that card, and his work once more efficient and quieter occurs at a lower temperature, can again be considered a good release

Furmark is a free utility that is designed to assess the performance of your video card and stability. The aim of Furmark is help you put your video card in the most extreme circumstances to ensure that you know your video card can handle the latest games. Furmark allows you to test the stability of your video card in a controlled environment. Furmark also helps you monitor video card temperatures for troubleshooting potential cooling problems. Start Furmark and click the option provided for in the Stability Test mode. A stability test is a test that runs continuously until you close it. Click the Go! Button in the lower right corner.

If it is suspected that the graphics card is defective, then you should replace this one. Maybe you have lying around anywhere you have an older graphics card. Not always, it must be a new motherboard. If the graphics card on the motherboard has a defect, you may, if available, a new graphics card on the motherboard / PCI Express or AGP port plug. In your bios then turns the board - from graphics card.

If you want to test the stability of your graphics card at full power then FurMark is a really a best choice for you. It is free benchmarking using fur rendering algorithms (as in English) to measure the performance of the graphics card. FurMark also proposes to test the stability of your graphics card overheating up to validate such a test overclocking. It is compatible with Windows XP/Vista/7. FurMark requires an OpenGL 2.0 graphics card.

With the exception of AMD has released Hotfix burst in the space of 10 days from the 10.10 to 10.10 d. You can choose to download only the drivers or the full package including the Catalyst Control Center, in addition to the traditional functions. A control panel allows the possibility of OC GC and regulate the fan. Before I had a Vapor X Sapphire HD 5670, which also worked very well, actually I have no "religion" about the hardware.