Thread: GIGABYTE GV-N570OC GeForce GTX 570 crashes randomly

GIGABYTE GV-N570OC GeForce GTX 570 crashes randomly

Hi I have a MSI machine in which I have a GTX570OC overclocked, that often freezes while playing the game with the machine, don’t know what the actual problem is because I haven’t get it ever before, and currently I am running windows 7 in my machine, and after getting such an issue I search the internet for the solution to this but unfortunately didn’t get any such resolution, but after getting such crashing concern threads I came to that this might be solved by upgrading the BIOS, so I did that also but having the same problem, any idea why?

re: GIGABYTE GV-N570OC GeForce GTX 570 crashes randomly

I think this is the issue because of the overclocking, and I think either you don’t have a hardware that has a overcloking capability or you haven’t overcloked it properly, so according to me you need to check whether you have made appropriate settings or not, and if you are not aware how to make those setting you can simply refer to the hardware manual, in that you’ll get all the settings regarding this.

I am agree with the above user as the hardware that you have is not capable of running after overclockinh buy still you should check where it is capable or not, and though it is supported, I would suggest you that you should downclock the hardware and then see whether the problem is happening or not, I think according to me you need to set your settings to 732/ 1464. And set the voltage to its default one, you can refer the manual that you have gotten with the hardware.

I think as this is happening in the game only, I think this is the issue because of either the operating system or because of the video drivers, I think the current driver that you are using is not supported with the operating system that you have, so you need to uninstall that driver from your machine and then reinstall it again. rather than this you can have another option to download the latest drivers from their official website. Or lastly if doesn’t help you anyways you can uninstall this one also and then let the windows search the drivers, and then download that one.

Yeah you are right this is happens because of the BIOS also, but not every time necessary because of that only, but still as you have mentioned that you done that also, but it seems that you haven’t download the perfect BIOS so according to me you should download the BIOS from the official site of the respective motherboard that you have, you’ll get t he BIOS from there only, and I am sure that this is not because of the BIOS, but you should try another one apart from the one that you have installed currently.

Hey thanks guys for your suggestions as they were very helpful, I had tried everything, yeah it happens now very rarely but still this is happening, and I have overclocked it under the guidance only, and I know it has a capability, but I have a doubt that if I change the BIOS than will it void the setting that I have made to overcloked it? Do I need to make them again ?

Re: GIGABYTE GV-N570OC GeForce GTX 570 crashes randomly

Yeah that’s pretty obvious thing that if you update the BIOS and the other drivers also for that hardware you’ll lose the settings for sure, but I think there is some possibility that there would be some problem in the game only, so you can have option as to install the game again in the machine, because some of some corrupted files or missing files may causes such a problem so reinstalling the game may fix this.