Thread: Gigabyte GTX 560 minimum fan speed

Gigabyte GTX 560 minimum fan speed

I was waited for nearly 5 days hoping that there will be response from the gigabyte side but there wasn’t. So now I am hoping that maybe I can dig up a solution here. Recently I have purchased the Gigabyte gtx560Ti OC and I am extremely pleased through it. The only annoying thing with this card is the smallest amount fan speed of 40%. The only to resolve this problem I found was that to flashing BIOS but I don’t want to carry out that. Is there any alternate solution other than this?

Re: Gigabyte GTX 560 minimum fan speed

You module speed with Speedfan, while controlling the temperature in parallel with GPU-Z to find the right compromise noise / cooling. GPU-Z is convenient because in addition to being lightweight it allows you to save a log of temperatures for a period, so you run it in the background with the log on, you the fan speed setting in Speedfan, you launching a game for thirty minutes and you look at the temperatures obtained to see if they are satisfactory or not.

With some cards, this speed might be default in the BIOS of the cards. You cannot modify it. With other cards can do and you can customize the program RivaTuner. This will be constantly in the background to run the fansnelheid arrange. With a single slot cooler, you have much less chance that you can adjust the speed.

Because less cooling elements are present, the fans spin faster to keep the temperature low. With a larger heat sink is a breeze so you have enough and less noise.

After unsuccessful attempts with ATI Tray Tools or RivaTuner, I read that the fan speed of this card is fixed; it is not connected to a controller. Moreover it has only two powers on. According to tests on the net, the Zalman cooler is more efficient than conventional cooling and temperature units does not exceed the 59 ° full load, which is much better than a traditional cooler. So I think I might be a small tweak or add a resistor to reduce Fan speed or rotation. Yes I think that adding a small resistance calculated correctly or Fanmate (that you will probably hack) will allow you to reduce the speed of your fan.

It is logical that depending on the demands the fan turn faster or slower to dissipate the heat generated by the process. But if the noise seems suspicious, it may not be well greased or rotor rubbing abnormally. If you say you look old to make a maintenance manual, axle grease, to review the game itself, etc, but if you say that is new, take it to the store and have it checked and if it is wrong, that the change , for this serves the warranty! We can only say that the change of speed is normal, but then to say that the noise and speed that apply in each case is correct ... of this can be seen in the technical service.

Propeller fan is not the only thing that can cause friction and cause noise, also the card itself and I mean the part where it is attached to the jar (the jar not the plate) notes that this very firm and are subject to something (most of the jars used bolts to hold the cards) many people are simply not fit the card and not the subject more appropriately

Unfortunately, having followed to the letter the little tutorial, I realize that there is no difference. The worst is that I'm saying that the fan is running at 30% capacity. I tried to make it 25% (the minimum), nothing changed. Then I tried to put 75% but there was no difference in noise. So I guess my Forceware are too recent and they are not supported by Riva Tuner 6.2. But hey, if the fan makes a noise of aircraft while it is almost at its minimum, it is useless to fight with Riva Tuner. So many opt for another solution. I set myself to be a big cooler (Arctic Cooling Accelero kind) and I fixed my top 80mm fan Noiseblocker S2 (very quiet), or I go to watercooling. But I do not want to buy a watercooling kit that works with a fan. While I can afford a Zalman Reserator but it's really expensive