Thread: SDTV won’t support my PS3

SDTV won’t support my PS3

I have a very awful problem, in fact don’t in which it is exactly, I mean to say I purchase a PS3 and was trying to connect to my SDTV but I was not able to connect it to my TV and I thought there won’t be any support for these TV but when I connect the PS3 on other SDTV it was working perfectly. Apart from this PS3 all other equipments works perfectly such as DVD player, vcr, etc. my problem is like there are horizontal rows or bars of light that slowly criticize the screen. Any suggestion what would be the problem?

Re: SDTV won’t support my PS3

I think it seems that you need to clean the AV jack where you connect your cord to connect your PS3, I know this is very negligible reason, but sometimes it happens because of the dust the pins doesn’t get connected to the cord and at last these happens. So try at least this first. And check whether your TV supports this kind of equipment to run, and remember one thing that, Not every SDTC has the same support, it might be possible that your friend has a newly bought TV.

You should check whether you are connecting the perfect cord to connect the PS3 to the TV, because as you have mentioned that it is the SDTV so there might be another port rather than the HDMI port, so you need to check whether you have a perfect cable or not, because according to me in your TV there might be composite video output, so the cable that it uses is also different so first of all go and get the appropriate cable.

Have you ever configure the settings for your PS3, because the problem that you are mentioning about the horizontal bars, this might be some problem in the display setting, I am not sure but still you should check that also, and make sure that you have made perfect setting, and if you don’t know how to configure it, you should make it default.

I am not sure but there is some problem in the firmware that is giving this problem for connecting your device, so either you should update the firmware that you are using currently in the PS3 otherwise you can simply install the new one. But I think there is some problem in your TV itself so I think you can’t help it.

I am sure that there is some problem in the TV itself rather than the PS3 because I have a HDTV and it works perfectly on it, so the thing is like you should get the proper TV first, because the PS3 is meant to play with the HDTV only, when I was having SDTV I was also having scrolling up thing on TV but it was not that terrible or even that noticeable, but after getting the Samsung HDTV, I am not having any such problem.

If you are getting this problem again and again, you can have option to contact the customer support because at this moment if you try often it may cause some different problem so keep it aside until you get proper solution. I also use to do the same when I have any problem regarding the PS3, and they have very good staff over there who will help you with these, but it seems you are having different cord than what is actually needed, so as the above user mentioned you should try to change that only.