Thread: Do I use AV cable to connect PS3 with my HDTV

Do I use AV cable to connect PS3 with my HDTV

Hi, I own HDTV and the PS3 gaming console through which I used to play the games connecting the HDMI cable but once when I went to my friend’s place, and was trying to connect my PS3 with an AV cable, because in his TV there is no HDMI ports, so I was connecting it through the cable which I get with the console itself, and after doing these when I start the console I was not able to get any pictures or the sound from the device, and I tried lot for this but I was unable to connect it however. Any idea why?

Re: Do I use AV cable to connect PS3 with my HDTV

See the process is too simple as when we connect the console through the HDMI cable, we must have to configure the settings so that whenever we connect it again, we don’t have to configure it often, so the console saves those settings, and after using the HDMI cable if you use the AV cable you need to change the setting, and as you are not getting anything on the screen you need to change it from your place and then connect the console to your friend’s place.

You need to change the display settings to AV first and then only you can use the AV cable, and I recommend you that you should put 480i to use the cable in your friend’s place.

Yeah I was also having the same problem with my consoles as same as you I was also use to connect it through the HDMI cable but when I was trying to connect it through the AV it wasn’t connecting it, so after that, I got the idea form the manual that we have got, you should refer that for any such query, and before that you can try this, when you connect that cable, press and hold the power button until you got the second beep, it will reset the to default settings.

Hey thanks guys for the suggestion, but I haven’t done any such settings ever in my console as I used to connect it from the HDMI cable only since I get this console, so can you suggest me how to configure those settings? and I am not getting what is that 480i, and is this for only AV cable or we have to use the same while we use the HDMI also, please suggest me how to do those settings, thanks.

Ok, I’ll like to tell you the settings through which you can simply reset it to the AV cable, but for that you need to connect it to your place only with the HDMI cable only, and as soon as you do this you have to make some changes in the display setting, and there you’ll find the setting to change the output device from HDMI to AV. And then restart the console and then go to your friend’s place, you’ll be able to connect your device.