Thread: Which would be safe temperature for Asus HD 6970 DirectCU 2?

Which would be safe temperature for Asus HD 6970 DirectCU 2?

I am having Asus HD 6970 DirectCU 2 graphic card. well I wanted to know what would be the safe temperature for the graphic card which would not burn the graphic card of mine. I have come to know that the 73C can be considered safe. Let me know whether the thing which I have mentioned over here is true. Any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Which would be safe temperature for Asus HD 6970 DirectCU 2?

Well as far as I know you will not have any issue until and unless you will hit up to 80c or 90c. personal I would like to play the game on the system rather I test the graphic card of mine. Well I have started with furmark but and if it is working fine then you have to move for the more demanding the game like Bad Company 2 or Crysis 2. According to me you will not have any issue until and unless you have get above the temperature of 80C or 90C.

Yes you are right you should not worried about if you have reached upto the 80C or 90C in the game. I think this particular card can reached to 90C when it gets maxed out. Well mostly modern GPUs can get to the temperature of 100C or further. However I don’t recommend to get further 100C temperature on the graphic card which you are using on the computer of yours. so you have to take care of the thing which you have mentioned over here.

If you are running the CF config then the spacing between the card can cause an issue on the system of yours. Or it could be possible that the card would not be over clocked. If you are wanted to have the single card configuration then the motherboard with the miniTX board would be quite enough to get the requirement of yours. you can connect the motherboard by using the PCIe.

I am suggesting a solution to fix the tempsensor was the CLRCmos. I don’t remember what setting which should I do to make the thing working for me. But after doing some setting I have found that the problem has return to the normal set up. If you have done some tweaks on the VDDA or latency for the RAM would make the entire system unstable for you. So there could be an issue with the motherboard which you are using.

Yes I agree with the thing which you have mentioned about the temperature of the graphic card which you are using. I have found that temperature upto 90c would be quite stable. If you reach to away than that of it then you might get an issue on the system of yours. I am hoping that the thing which I have mentioned over here would be useful to you.