Thread: Apple 30" Cinema Display not showing native resolution

Apple 30" Cinema Display not showing native resolution

I am currently using Macbook Pro like my major PC, which is connected with a 30" Apple Cinema Display (Model A1083). I lately bought a computer (with i7-950; AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB; Windows 7 Home) to employ like my home PC, and the MBP for other purposes. But, I cannot obtain the latest computer to distinguish the native resolution of Apple Cinema Display which is about the 2400x1600. The monitor displays an utmost display resolution at1200x800. I am utilizing DVI-D Dual Link for the connection.

Re: Apple 30" Cinema Display not showing native resolution

Make sure that you are using a compatible graphics card or an internal connection that supports dual-link connection. Compatible graphics card must have a dual-link DVI port. If you use a Mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter, it must be compatible with dual-link. Monitors that were not manufactured by Apple, and require a dual-link DVI connection will be restricted in a similar manner to half their full resolution, provided they are connected through a simple DVI connection.

Older products that do not have a dual-link DVI port, and therefore support the Apple Cinema Display (30-inch DVI) is not in its full physical resolution (2560 x 1600). For these products the maximum is simple with a DVI connection attainable resolution presented, specifically 1280 x 800 (half of the objective resolution of 2560 x 1600). If you close your laptop, you can actually get the full resolution of your external display. Place your MacBook to sleep, connect your outer display and an exterior monitor, and wake up the PC through pressing whichever key. You will encompass complete employ of your external display whilst your laptop is closed.

Go for the following things to resolve your issue:
    • Make sure the computer is on.
    • Make sure the power cord is properly connected.
    • Make sure the display cables are properly connected to your computer.
    • Verify that the Mini DisplayPort DVI cable or the screen is connected securely.
    • Make sure the computer is in sleep mode.
    • Check the brightness setting is appropriate. The brightness control is located on the right edge of the screen.
    • Checks for available software updates and install them. Software upgrades may offer solutions to many common problems.

The decisive factor is not the resolution of your MBP: That the resolution and the monitor are located right now, because the 30 "ACD has a native resolution of 2560x1600 pixels and a dual-link DVI expected signal, the display is via single -link DVI supplies, the maximum is at each of the half, that is 1280x800. You do not get no more dual-link adapter.

The new model of Apple Cinema Display is the perfect companion for your Power Mac G5 or PowerBook. With its compact and elegant design in anodized aluminum, it reduces the space required for the use of two screens. The new model is bigger, brighter and far more compatible. You can choose the VESA mount option to install your monitor wherever you want. The DVI interface with industry standards allows you to connect one or two monitors.

In my opinion the native resolution of the Apple 30" Cinema Display is completely depending on the source from where it is getting the video signal. In your case you have connected the display to Macbook Pro. The display only shows resolution which you can get in Macbook Pro. If it doesn't support higher resolution then you cannot get it in Cinema Display.