Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Need help, monitor screens black. No display device found.

Monitor & Video Cards

Old 05-07-2011

Need help, monitor screens black. No display device found.

Hey,

Trying to get an idea of what could be causing this and how to fix it. I came back to my pc earlier, and one monitor had a blank white screen and the other a black screen.

I turned the pc off and on and then got 2 black screens, with check signal cable showing. I tried using different dvi leads but didnt work.

After a few more restarts I got the error "no display device found" on the lcd display at the top of my tower. But still both monitors are black with one saying check signal cable.

I really have no idea how to fix this, and help would be great.

Thanks.

Old 09-07-2011

Re: Need help, monitor screens black. No display device found.

First of all can you tell us what is your full computer specifications? What is the make or model of the monitor that you have? How old it is? It either seems to be problem with the onboard graphics or the monitor cable that you are trying to plug to the dvi port. Also is the power cord connected to the monitor is properly fitted?

TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Tags: , , , ,