Thread: Won't overclock Sapphire Radeon HD4850

Won't overclock Sapphire Radeon HD4850

Hi, I have some serious problem as If I shift the RAM to 998 a white screen comes on monitor so unfortunately with no other option I have to hard reboot the machine, and I think this is happened when I was trying to overclock the graphic card, don’t exactly but after that only I am getting this error, so what will be the exact problem? I have a Corsair 650W PSU with an adapter. Please give me some suggestion as I am completely shattered. Thanks in advanced.

Re: Won't overclock Sapphire Radeon HD4850

See for overclocking any hardware we must have to have such a hardware which has a capability to overclock, not every hardware has the same potential to run, and I think you have done the same mistake, and thus you are having this problem so now as to solve the while screen you must have to hire any computer expert because it is very difficult to find that where is the actual problem, though there are too many reasons that causes same problem.

I think the BIOS that you have is being corrupted and thus you are having white screen, so according to me you should get the latest BIOS first for your PC, and then see whether the problem persist or not, because as far as I know the hardware that you are using doesn’t have capability for overclocking, so if the issue gets solved by installing the new BIOS, so that’s well and good, and after that don’t try to overclock it again.

Hey thanks for the suggestion, but I think the card that I have that we can overclock easily, isn’t it? Because approximately all can go to around rather above 100-1200 and in my case I can run it till 950 only, not beyond that, and this is the thing that make me wonder, why this is happening actually, and how to get the BIOS version, like how can we determine which version I have? As I want to download the new one, it’s better to know what version we have.

Yeah I know some times it happens as some graphic card manufacturers exploit the cheapest possible apparatus in their hardware and that can surely confine the probable overclock. But the real performance can be achieved by overclocking the core processors, if you have the any such then according to me you should try to overclock that only, rather than this hardware.

If you search the internet you’ll get the latest BIOS for your machine, and be more specifically you should first try to find the BIOS from your motherboard respective website, because from there you’ll get and update for sure, but if you didn’t get anything you can simply search the internet for the same, and as the screen is appearing white unfortunately you can’t see the version, but simply from the website you’ll get the latest only, no need to check which version you have currently.