Thread: Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 crashes

Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 crashes

Here I have a few troubles with my new 6870. Almost randomly on the screen blacks out and the card fan rotating so much quickly, I hold down the power button to turn off the computer will need to get began. When I say that it mostly occurs at random, I mean that when I play Team Fortress 2, and when I was on a Windows desktop computer for hours idling. Previous card was an Nvidia 260 GTX is not the trouble.

Re: Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 crashes

PSU is suitable for a VGA card, so it's not a question of power (if the device is faulty, of course). Memtest should run for several hours, not just single pass, you must test every DIMM module slot module for numerous hours / DIMM slot, after that 2 units, then all the modules. This question is a signal, so that while the hardware exceeds all the tests, after that the driver is incompatible with a theme or something that is sending the card to the state if you have an Nvidia card.

I am going to set off with a fresh Windows setup and notice if that assists anything. I had just reinstalled it and while I detached my old card I did my finest to clean the remaining stuff out with Ccleaner + Driversweeper, but what the heck its appeal an attempt. I have been running Memtest currently for 3 hours with 2x2GB in and at a standstill no errors. If a new Windows setup doesn't fix it I will run a few more tests on the individual sticks.

I just got a replacement card and I ran GPUTool on it for above a minute, no crashes or something. I thought I was well to go but while I afterward opened GPU-Z to check inactive temperatures and such, my monitor mislaid signal right away, though the fans on the card did not spin up, and I had to restart. While I rebooted the first sometimes, the monitor would have signal just well up until Windows began loading, after that my monitor would set off into standby.

It looks like it will just hang at the Gigabyte screen if I attempt to enter the BIOS or alter the boot order and stuff of that nature or else it will go past that screen and get wedged at confirming DMI pool data occasionally with the monitor powered, occasionally not. I am going to twice check all the PSU connections and utilize the other set of 6 pin connectors to notice if that does me any great.

Quite certain it’s got to be the motherboard now. Unluckily this motherboard won't post lacking a video card in so I had to keep this card in and when I was attempting to flash the BIOS tragedy struck. My screen blacked out with high speed fans another time. I let it run for on half an hour in hope that it would stop and turn off the PC itself, but no fortune so I had to twist it off myself. I can't notify if the BIOS in fact completed flashing or not because there is no gauge on the load screen but while I attempt to enter the BIOS it will freeze almost right away so I am quite screwed.

Just a thought but I had that similar trouble regarding gosh a year ago. Lastly figured out that RAM slots 2 and 4 were bad on the motherboard and sent in to gigabyte and they restored the board. Attempt starting with 1 stick of RAM in slot 1 and make certain that you default all in BIOS and notice what occurs. As it shows BIOS it means the video signal is functioning. Not in fact saying the RAM is the trouble or the RAM slots but if there is a motherboard trouble could go further which just RAM slots.