Thread: Getting very low gaming FPS after installing ATI 5770 graphics card

Getting very low gaming FPS after installing ATI 5770 graphics card

As I state in my title that I have some problem with ATI 5770 graphics card. As I newly get this graphic card and install all the most recent drivers, the ATI catalyst hotfix 11.5b and after that CFed. But a few games have troubles; I am getting very low fps, with CF facilitated. For instance in Crysis 2 with all maxed out and res 1920x1080 the fps fall to 14-25. But while I immobilize CF I am having again the standard 35-40 fps which I had. As well in PES 2011, I am having performance troubles, like the screen is flicking and having plenty of lag. Any help is appreciated.

Re: Getting very low gaming FPS after installing ATI 5770 graphics card

I wouldn't suppose Crysis2 to run with all settings mixed out and dig up great FPS with x2 HD5770s, they are about the similar as x1 HD5850, and a solitary HD5850 can't run Crysis2 at max settings with well FPS mainly with a sub-3.0Ghz CPU. You will have to cooperation with the settings to get a nice balance between FSP and eye-candy. I don't own or play the other games PES or Fable, but if any games like Portal / COD: BO / AC: B and so on run just well, then your cards are OK and the troubles are just down to game settings, the game engine and possibly a small block with the CPU @ 2.80Ghz (attempt pushing it up to over 3Ghz and you should abolish any bottlenecking).

Here the thing is that Crysis 2 plays quite good devoid of crossfire and all settings maxed out. I not at all veteran any lag. But with crossfire the performance in Crysis 2 is deprived. I expected to have superior performance with CF. without CF I am getting 40 fps average but with CF I am receiving 25 to 26 fps average, which is I think approximately unplayable. So there is somewhat that I don’t comprehend I think. By using CF I thought that I will have superior performance in games.

Could be a unenthusiastic scaling bug, I thought all troubles with Crysis2 were determined with Cat 11.3 and above, along with anything CAP driver, If you rename the .exe to somewhat like deadspace2 and play the game, does that assist, it worked for me while there were at a standstill troubles with the game and drivers. It's maybe a trouble called negative crossfire scaling. It occurs unluckily, and as drivers are more tweaked it should conquer that trouble with a few games, not all games like Crossfire.

I consider "running two vids" he means executing two cards in crossfire. Utilize both ribbons refers to the crossfire link cables- Use 2 cables in its place of single even on a two card Xfire setup it assists with data throughput. If I could adjoin one thing which hasn't previously been covered. Occasionally games just aren't totally optimized for crossfire performance. They may necessitate a patch or a new Xfire profile to get the performance enrichment you expect.

I not at all actually gave much legality to the two cable trouble, but I noted it because I know some people that pledge by it. As you said there is no proven proof to support it but I figured OP wanted to know what it meant. I think AMD would absolutely be the ones to know if 2 Xfire ribbon strips were more resourceful. I truly don't need him to think that I support that as a verity. I just needed him to be conscious of one of the various "Crossfire Tales".