Thread: How to insert PCI-E x16 in PCI-E x4 slot?

How to insert PCI-E x16 in PCI-E x4 slot?

Hello Everyone, I will not stress my question too much, as simply my question is whether it is possible to insert a PCI-E x16 in a PCI-E x4 slot? So just the question end over here, so why I had ask this because I thinking of getting a new card including all the existing one which are PCI- E x16 and what I had here is PCI-E x4 slot with me, so whether I will able to utilize x3 monitors. For more than single set up, that it, no more query on this. So please provide and equipped me also with the information you have. Thanks

Re: How to insert PCI-E x16 in PCI-E x4 slot?

While after reading your question I thought that I should give information on this before searching anywhere, but it is really unbelievable that you can insert a card with the PCI-Ex16 interface can be fit in such a smaller PCI-Ex4 connector, but yeah it is possible and without any doubt you can opt for it, and if you have any doubt on this then check this pic below:

In the case if you are using a PCI-E x16 slot than you must be well aware about the fact that it is design in the way as it will operate with PCI-E x4 slot, so it will be you are using that then without any doubt it will fit in that and the length would be similar as it used to be in PCI-E x16 slot. And if in the case it is X4 than the answer will just opposite to that. And along with this if you have any further doubt on this than feel free to ask any further question on same issue.

If in the case you have Gigabyte installed on your system than I think that most probably the second slot will be full size which is operating at 4X and it will be operating on that, and that card will have dual width cooler on that, it will be easier to shift that and the your voice card upon one of the slot and you will need to look further for a single widthcard. Just this is the information what I can provide you on this topic and as you want to insert PCI-E x16 in PCI-E x4 slot then it is mostly probably possible.

As you will able to make use of PCI express 1x card only if you are in 4X slot and there are many site which show you detail on the same, and while using it, it is the best for that, and if in the case you are gamer, than it will be not the better choice to opt for. Hopes this information will help you get idea about this more clearly.

Here this question is not that much complicated and if you had searched on Google with the properly issue then you might had got the proper solution of this, for this you can bought a card which can supports three or even more monitor at a time and for that you can opt for AMD Eyefinity Technology as it supports Multi-display technology for gaming, productivity, and even also for entertainment, so this will be the best option for which you can opt for.