Thread: Need a new video card for Intel D945GTP

Need a new video card for Intel D945GTP

Hey guys I am having a computer at my home which is 5 years old, my motherboard is Intel D945GTP. Two days back I found that my on-board video connection is dead. So I am thinking to purchase a new video card for my motherboard. As it is not a new computer, so I am looking for a video card that not of much cost. So please help me to get video card that is compatible with my Intel mother board and also it should not be of much cost.

Re: Need a new video card for Intel D945GTP

Firstly if you want to purchase a new card that is much compatible with your motherboard then, you can contact the Intel support and ask about the card that you are having. Also if you are having the warranty for your video card then they may replace your card with new card. If you don’t have then, you can buy this from them. It would not cost a much for you then you can better get the same card which would be much more compatible with your mother board and then search for another card.

There must be hard to find a video card for an old mother board. Even if you get I don’t think that you can get it at a lower cost. You can find the one that you want from online. You can find it from many of the online shopping market like Newegg and eBay. But I think that will also cost you somewhat around $20- $30 bucks. So better get the one which is good rather than wasting money in purchasing the old card which may not work properly.

Sometimes you may get a cheaper card but it is of no guarantee that it may work or not properly. It is not about getting a card that is costlier or cheaper. When I was repairing a PC for my client I brought a new PCI card because it was dead. So I purchased a card that was with the cooler fan and found that it cost me around $50. It worked really well and I hope this would work for more years.

I was searching for a new video card, so I searched on google to get a new video card that would be in my budget and also work for a longer time. After a long search I came across, StarTech PEX1TO162 PCI Express X1 to X16 Low Profile Slot Extension Adapter which was costing me around $26, so I found that it was coming around my budget so I purchased it. And it is been 5-6 months with this card and I dint find any problem with it.

Thank you guys! I have brought a new video card which is 84GFE6DC2EMM GeForce 8400GS 512MB DDR2 PCIe x16 Low Profile Graphics Card and it cost me $44. It was working fine till now, but now it restarted 4-5 times and now it not detecting the video card that I have installed. I don’t know what the reason is, can anyone tell me what to? I really don’t know why it happened as it is a brand new that I have brought.

I hope it is not a video card issue. You can remove it once and then try reseating it, and then try starting your system also clean your system before you install the video card. I think there may be a dust or something that have got into it. So many a times cleaning a system from dust will solve the most of the issue. So you need to try this out and tell me what happened.