Thread: Samsung Digital Flatscreen is flashing continuously

Samsung Digital Flatscreen is flashing continuously

In recent days my Samsung SyncMaster 173T flat screen started flashing on and off in the digital mode, however there is no such issue when in the analog mode. It has been blinking from a picture;indeed a clear one to a complete blank screen. This thing seems to be continuously increasing at certain intervals of time. I am unable to verify whether the problem is with the monitor,or the Graphics card/video card (NVidia GeForce FX 5200, 128) installed in my system or the issue is with the digital cable that goes from one another? I am unable to understand what must be causing the issue. Please help me guys.!!

Re: Samsung Digital Flatscreen is flashing continuously

According to me the issue is with the cable(digital or analog cable) which you are using. So i would recommend you to go for the digital cable and check what happens, whether you are still facing the issue or not. Make sure that the connection wire and the power supply wire for your monitor are not loose, because this kind of issue can even arise if the wires are loose. Also you should remember that the dual monitor setup which you can find in your control panel > Display Properties is properly installedso that the system understands you as single monitorn CRT and nothing else.

I strongly feel that the issue can also be caused if the cable (power as well as the video cable), or the Video card or the Monitor is faulty. So you should start from cables. Try new cable wires and check if the problem still exists or not. If the problem exists then you should probably try using some other video card and then check out the status of the issue. If still the problem exists then definitely the issue is with the Monitor. Also check out for different settings, which you feel could be the reason behind the problem.

There are high chances that the drivers of your video card/graphics card might not be installed in your system and that is why you are facing the issue. So, you should make sure that you have installed all the necessary drivers required for your system. Also make sure that the drivers which you have installed in your system are updated. Also remember to install the Monitor drivers properly. Restart your system whenever you get a prompt message for restarting your system. This will make sure that all the updates and drivers are getting installed in your system.

I am not sure about this, but sometimes the problem also occurs if you have plugged in both the Digital cable as well as the Analog cable at the same time. So, i would recommedn you to first unplug the Analog cable from your Flatscreen monitor and see what happens. If the issue still exists, unplug the analog cable and plug in the digital cable and see what is the effect of this in your issue. Only one connection should be plugged in at a particual time, it can either be the analog cable or either be the Digital one.

I would definitely like to share my experince with you guys. This solution worked for me so i would suggest you to atleast give it a try. What i had done in my system was under the NVIDIA settings menu, i went to the nView Display Settings > Clone and then i Switched from "Samsung SyncMaster (1 of 2) + Samsung SyncMaster (2 of 2)" to "Samsung SyncMaster (2 of 2) + Samsung SyncMaster (1 of 2)". Thats it and my issue got solved. I don't know whethere this is a temperory solution but it really helped me out. And also i am able to switch between both digital and analog mode as well.

According to me you should take help of someone who is technically sound in this issue. I think you should contact the nearest computer store and take your monitor to the technical staff of the computer store. They will be checking your Samsung Syncmaster Flastscreen properly and then disclosing the main issue and its solution to you. If your Flastscreen is still under warranty period and if you find the issue to be with the monitor then you should take your Samsung monitor to the nearest Samsung Store to get it repaired or replaced.