Thread: ATI HD-5xxx cards for Dell Alienware desktops

ATI HD-5xxx cards for Dell Alienware desktops

I consider possibly we possibly will collect a number of information regarding our cards. Please contribute what you be acquainted with. ATI drivers for my 5870, in the support section of Dell are quite old (v8.66). At what time will drivers are authorize and added 10.x? Or is it hypothetical to go just download the suitable reference Catalyst drivers commencing AMD website? Has anyone downloaded and installed drivers directly from AMD's site and it works well?

Re: ATI HD-5xxx cards for Dell Alienware desktops

Completely uninstall the ATI drivers. Unzip the package back to your desk instead of C: \ ATI \. Select the "customized" to get to the point where you can choose the options to install, cancel the installation program. Go to the installation folder, and then on the board of trust, and open the file InstallManager.cfg. Change the line "install = false solution" to the "installation solution = true". Save and close the .Cfg file, then run the custom installation and choose again. DO NOT install the last option for the transcoder (you are able to also disable the Lord of the Rings and the choice of the communication option of opt-in). After the installation is running, reboot and reinstall, so be sure to disable the transcoder another time.

Hello according to me ATI drivers from AMD website running smoothly. Just be sure to uninstall the Dell or any previous edition and run Driver Sweeper on the way to clean something out there earlier than upgrading. I for myself not at all utilize the video drivers commencing Dells website. Always go directly to the website of the maker of chips for the latest drivers. For the reason that waiting for Dell to confirm somewhat as uncomplicated as a driver takes a long time, what time in fact they work very well.

I comprise an Area-51 through an ATI 5970. Some Dell system through an Nvidia or ATI, I for all time go straightforwardly to the website of the video card. For some cause Dell only released video drivers updated awfully repeatedly - and that's a embarrassment as the updated drivers solve a lot of troubles, and often ATI / Nvidia release updates. It has now been almost 9 months since I updated the 5970 driver in the Dell site. But I guess not so much when the ATI drivers work well (if using Driver Sweeper) and will always be the most up-to-date.

Have you tried ATI Catalyst plonking back there, the choice of resolution and then (if not full screen) in the company of catalyst programs "Overscan" choice. The use of "Overscan" should fix the 1080 res no problem filling the screen. This comes about through my ATI HD5770 via HDMI to a Sony Bravia. at what time the Catalyst Control Center select the "Scale O 'and then haul the sign to the right in anticipation of the screen is filled.

Do you be acquainted with the dissimilarity, if the scale of GPU is enabled? You are able to still be utilize as the scale tab toward adjust the display choice to complete panel size not including scaling the box marked GPU and configuration selection leftovers "gray." I've never bothered to enable the extension incase GPU GPU works a little harder, without significant differences in only adjust the scoring in the options tab of scale. But as we have included in the instructions I might know a reason why I have mine also activated. Any ideas? Moreover, is the difference?

I personally have not had anything but problems with ATI drivers after officers 10.5. Something gave me a BSOD more on reboot. (This is known occurrence and high 5970set Crossfire) I have a 5970. (You are able to verify the official forums to perceive that AMD driver was not unaccompanied). So I was stuck at 10.5 for long. I recently installed the beta drivers from Dell (10.7) and all my problems went away and gave me a 20% increase in fps in all areas. Those games were unplayable due to artifacting, stage etc. run flashing fine now.