Thread: ATX12v P4 connector for graphic card

ATX12v P4 connector for graphic card

Hello all! Am giving promotion to my system i.e I am upgrading my graphic card and the supplies are minimum 450W power supply. At present my PSU is just 350 and now I have purchased a new one which is 700W PSU. Previous to installing the PSU I determined to dual check my supposition online. And when I searched it was obviously implied that the extra 4 pins were to be unplugged. I was suggested that it requires the devoted circuit for the P4 connector. So has anyone has got anything to say? I will also mention that new power supply has a devoted 6-pin 12v rail.

Re: ATX12v P4 connector for graphic card

Hello there! I do not believe you sorry to say this. But the 700Watt PSU should contain the 12volt plug previously there because it is the part of the ATX2 standard. So I would like to say that you should have a proper look on to it again, it will be a 4-pin plug. And in that it will be having two yellows and two blacks. And if you have 8 pin plug then it would be 4 each i.e yellow and black. But as an alternative you can use Molex to ATX12v connector.

I would say just thanks for such a quick reply. But I tried it out. I distorted the PSU and install the Radion HD3850 AGP card. I would say that the 20-pin of the major connector fit with 4-pin I separated the 8-pin and made use of the half. But when I booted up there were no beeps nothing, no display etc. But the entire fan was working all fine. So what kind of issue it maybe? Can anyone figure it out? Before the upgrade it was working all fine.

I am not a technical guy. I am not sure whether my solution will help you or not. I am giving the answer over here because I also know bit of trouble shooting. First of all make sure that all your connections are made proper and if it is so then there may be possibility that you must have damaged your RAM. So try changing the RAM and see if it works. Or else rush to some technical person and get it solved by giving him some few dollars. Simple

Wow sounds something great and I guess I have figured up the problem and have got the solution for the same. I would tell that you need to connect 6-pin connector to the graphics card. Your problem is that you have not connected the 12 volt 4-pin CPU connector properly. Get it tight and see if it works. And it does not matter which of the half you are using for the connection. I gave you the solution on the basis of your symptoms. Hope so you got the solution.

Wow great reply and thanks for it, the problem has been solved. But I want to know what exactly was wrong so I started it all again. So I disconnect all the new stuff and switched back to the old one. Once I did this I then booted the system, and this time I got the long beeps and this continued and continued till I shut it down. So what was the matter now is fine before the upgrade? Thanks to all who replied and will reply.

Once your problem is solved then why are you trying to create more and more problem for you? Now as if you have asked it I will let you know about it. The long continuous beeps are because your Ram is not properly fixed. Make it tight again. If you would have searched on the internet regarding this issue then you would have got the solution. Hope so your system works fine henceforth. And handle it with care.