Thread: Compare contrast ratio of Samsung and ViewSonic LED monitors

Compare contrast ratio of Samsung and ViewSonic LED monitors

After lot of search I have selected two monitors of Samsung and ViewSonic. These are Led monitors both have same inches, hardly any difference. The thing I have observed is that contrast ratio difference. The ViewSonic offers higher contrast ratio than Samsung. The main purpose of using these monitors is for photos. So please let me know whether this contrast ratio matters a lot in terms of photos, or streaming videos or visualizing games.

Re: Compare contrast ratio of Samsung and ViewSonic LED monitors

I have searched for the contrast ratio of both these monitors and after analyzing few things about it, I got to the point that both of these provides dynamic contrast ratio. According to me the dynamic contrast doesn’t matters a lot. So ignore the dynamic contrast ratio. Only pay attention to the static or typical contrast ratio. The dynamic contrast ratio is just a number someone pulled out of the air; As Samsung has lesser contrast than ViewSonic so better would be Samsung monitor.

You can choose from the dynamic contrast ratio of LEDs that form on the screen and what is image quality that is about it. Higher dynamic contrast ratio increases the price of the LED display. So buying any TV or monitor LED then you should see what a dynamic contrast ratio is so that you can judge about its clarity and its price too. This would be better to know from the local dealer, as it makes a real difference in seeing in actual then from the image.

Dynamic Contrast Ratio is a feature provided in LED TVs or monitors can say that by design adjusts brightness and contrast of an image according to the darkness of an image. I think whenever you have this feature on putts on the monitors; it would be well again for watching movies with this feature as most will not get the pictures darker or brighter. Well the ViewSonic monitors according to me are better in terms of contrast ratio.

In my terms more is better, I mean the screen more DCR is better. Dynamic Contrast is a lie, though (taken measures darkest black and brightest white is 100% and 0% brightness to inflate with LED displays that can claim "infinite", just because black is the darkest 0 and therefore, dividing by 0 gives infinite). In fact, most advertised contrast ratio is lies (almost all static values currently advertised 1000:1).

The contrast is basically the difference between the depths of the blacks is and how they are bright white. Elevated values are better. However, you cannot compare static contrast ratio and dynamic. As others have said, dynamic contrast ratio is a lie. They test the black with a brightness of 0% and white at 100% intensity, which inflated the numbers radically. In theory, you can get perpetuity, turning off the backlight, which is the division by zero. Most LCDs are about 1000:1 in real world conditions.

More expensive Samsung LED had lower rates of dynamic contrast of the least expensive. For example, LED 2450 has a million: a dynamic contrast ratio, while the LED 2431 is 5,000,000: 1 dynamic contrast ratio. After understanding the previous reviews, I believe the dynamic contrast ratio is a lot of Phooey, and only a visual examination of both monitor will indicate whether the most comfortable and meets your expectations. This is harder to do online.