Thread: How to play AVCHD video files in nvidia 8600 without rebooting

How to play AVCHD video files in nvidia 8600 without rebooting

I’m facing the problem with my pc whenever I tried to play the avchd file I can’t able to do so. I had tried many things using windows7, windows xp sp3, which have an updated drivers install in it. I can able to play the file when I reinstall the graphics card driver but I face the same problem when I restart the pc I can play it with a splash pro but it uses all my cpu usage. I’m having a graphics card which is of 256mb and ddr2 ram

Re: How to play AVCHD video files in nvidia 8600 without rebooting

I don’t know much about regarding your issue but I think it might be due to your graphics card which is giving you trouble. You may require the graphics card of version 8800gtx or 9800gt may also help you a lot or maybe your window media player is set to use a DXVA files. You can even tried an window media player classic even the VLC player is good but it do not play .m2ts file so its better to use window media classic and in rest of the case VLC is good.

Hello, you try to set up your splash pro and just cross check whether it is using GPU. I had just check some trouble shooting and I guess the problem is with splash pro. As you have said that you have tried many sorts of programs. Window media player is the only one program that play DXVA file in window7 operating system. So before getting the program just check if the drivers support for DXVA accelerator. If you still face the problem then that might be due to your graphics card.

Hey have you used the GPU with other graphical interface programs for e.g. games. As the GPU is having the problem with a particular program. I guess there might be a problem with nvidia which had lost the class action suit. I had bought a new 8600 graphics card but that also fail as it was showing the fault in the driver so I had update it. Try to update your drivers if it may help you to get rid from your problem.

Even I was having the same issue like you I had even update my drivers but the problem still persist and tried many things but cant able to get the solution. I’m having the problem with AVCHD 1920x1080i which is an high profile but AVCHD 1920x1080p24 which is also an high profile which works well and even AVCHD 1920x1080i and AVCHD 1440x1080i which belongs to the main profile it also works well. Can anyone guide me to how to play the AVCHD 1920x1080i.

You can play those file through the VLC player as VLC player is a frameware which use graphics card under some circumstances. You can play any video with VLC. To make it work with the AVCHD.You just need to select preferences from VLC player. In preferences go to input codec and setting in that under the codec section just click on use GPU acceleration and if you still can’t get the things done then get a help through DXVA checker.