Thread: A good PhysX Processor

A good PhysX Processor

I want assist receiving my frame rates upward and for that reason i have assumed choosing a dedicated Physx CPU would facilitate. Therefore in my case, what do I situate the "choose a PhysX processor" setting toward? (AUTO, CPU, otherwise GPU). I assumed that the Evga GTX 460 Super Overclocked (on 1920x1080 resolution.) would be remarkable compared to my 9800GT operating at 1280x1024 resolution. Do you have any good suggestion over this or other than this?

Re: A good PhysX Processor

PPU Ageia's PhysX cards based on the processor itself will not be released by Ageia, but Ageia partners, just as ATI and nVidia do. Currently manufacturing the BFG and ASUS cards and system builders like Alienware, Dell and Falcon Northwest will be using it in their systems. Prices are currently unknown, but sources indicate that there are different versions on the market with prices ranging from $ 100 to $ 400.

Nvidia recently released new PhysX driver for all cards from the GeForce 8 series. With these drivers, the Ageia PhysX via CUDA calculated using the card. Fudzilla did the new drivers under the microscope and showed a GeForce 8800GT card and a PPU Ageia's physics benchmark fluid market performs. The comparison between the Ageia PPU and the G92 chip, the 8800GT shows impressive results. For example, the 8800GT with a score of 4921 points a lot faster than the PCI card from Ageia, which earned 1735 points.

What conclusion can we draw? First, the GeForce 220 GT deserves consideration as a unit dedicated to PhysX calculation with an excellent price / performance ratio, while it is not a card to play at the base. To conclude on graphics performance, it should be noted that it was possible to play with a Radeon associated with GeForce PhysX dedicated to, but only under Windows 7. The ForceWare saw new versions since then, and we are seeing the game of cat and mouse between NVIDIA and players: the chameleon brand continues to strengthen the partitioning of its drivers with PhysX as players seek all possible solutions to around this blockage

PhysX is supposed to be optimized for multiple threads, and yet we see that on a Core i7, only one core is actually applied when the application is activated from NVIDIA. PhysX uses fewer resources than Core i7 Phenom II, which would make perfect sense if performance were artificially capped since the i7 architecture is superior. However, we saw a correlation between actual performance and pure frequency processors on the two models chosen ... difficult to see clearly.

Interestingly, when it became Fudzilla during the PhysX processor benchmark was entrusted with other tasks, because when the score for the 8800GT was suddenly a lot to be lower. This fell to a heavily loaded processor back from 4911 to 1333 points, a decrease of over 70%. The PhysX card from Ageia fared less well when the processor was busy with other things, but the difference was not as shocking as the GeForce video card. Thus fell the score of the PPU from 1702 to 1262, representing approximately 20%

Get gaming computer into the upcoming of PC gaming through BFG Tech physics accelerator cards powered via the AGEIA PhysX CPU. Skill a latest aspect within gaming physics presentation. Things do not just appear actual, do something genuine and sense real they. Particularly destructible structures as well as landscapes; Explosions That grounds collateral injure, realistic characters through amazing latest armaments, pragmatic burn, fog plus oozing fluids are all currently achievable by way of the AGEIA PhysX CPU!